Chapter 13: Revelations and Rejections

(Melinda's POV)

   Heading into the lab, Jemma and Mack went to retrieve what was needed and roll out the brain scanner with Amelia still strapped to it, a radioactive-proof metal blanket draped over her body just in case as they transported everything into the training room, which was adjourned to the lab.

   Daisy had her HYDRA issue hacking computer that she had stolen, and was ready. Already having practiced on one of the Clone's micro chips, Daisy felt ready, and everyone could tell.

  The young inhuman was still unconscious, and Jemma had already ordered no more sedatives. Amelia was going to wake up soon. Her eyes moved under her eyelids, and May stood beside her fiancé, watching the agents through a window of glass. 

   Phil laced his fingers through Melinda's, squeezing them. "One hell of a day, huh?"  He said.

   May nodded. Looking towards him, May rested her head on his shoulder. "And we still  haven't discussed a wedding day." she whispered.

    Phil laughed. "How about May 11th?"

   "Is that a play on my name?" Melinda smirked.

   "Not exactly..." Phil smiled at her. "It was the day we first kissed - for real."

   Melinda rolled her eyes. "Thats what you remember? The date?"

   "Well, thats not the only memorable thing..." Phil smirked.

   May nodded. "thats true." Turning to watch the happenings in the lab, May observed the agents work.

   "It seems to have a tracker built in, and I've so far been able to hack in via the signal, which is a higher frequency than I've ever seen." Daisy said.

   Melinda and Phil both winced. Wherever Amelia had been, HYDRA probably knew the location. So that meant that HYDRA might even know where this base was... unless the outward signal scrambling worked right, which they hoped it did. 

   Daisy was typing on her computer, Jemma was attaching monitor wires to Amelia, and Mack was waiting to follow the Biochemist's orders.

   "Hey guys, I'm bypassing the firewall." Daisy reported, calling to Jemma. "You tell me when to hack in, 'cause this looks incredibly advanced, and I'm detecting security measures, so We don't know how long I have before it detects me as an enemy. I hope that this computer will be a seen as a friend."

    "Almost done." Jemma injected something into Amelia's IV. The inhuman stirred. "This should lower her brain activity so that you have more room to work, Daisy." Jemma said.

   "I should go." May suddenly said.

   Phil gave her a look of confusion. "You okay?"

   May sighed. "I just, uh, don't want to be here if she goes nuclear again." May gave her excuse. She didn't want another Bahrain.

   "If anything happens, Jemma will tell us. And they have the radio-wave blanket on her." Phil reminded her. May pursed her lips, furrowing her brows with concentration.

   "Alright. She's conscious." Jemma reported. "I'll be here, monitoring her brain." Jemma leaned over to talk to Amelia, the girl's eyes still closed. "We're gonna be fixing a problem in your brain, sweetie. Just stay calm and tell us if something seems off."

   There was no reaction from the girl, and Melinda watched Daisy's progress on the computer screen. "Alright, I just bypassed the firewall. I'm downloading all the information now." Daisy said, typing away on her computer to keep them undetected.