I wake up, not remembering a single thing that happened after nine yesterday. In fact, I expect myself to be in an uncomfortable tent with Iris and Max. But instead, I take the shirt off my eyes and see the center.

How the hell did I get back here?

It suddenly all comes crashing down on me.

Jordan woke up. We drove four hours to get here. I remember waiting so long in the waiting room. Seeing Jordan's eyes for the first time in months.

Something feels left out, but everything seems to be there. All I remember is I was worried about something. What, I didn't know.

It's almost lunch-time, meaning I needed to get to Sharon's house to pick her up. I sit up and walk out into the main room, in my underwear.

Delightful.

I catch a glimpse of everyone in our usual spot. Judith and Kai give me a big hug when I get over there. I snag a banana and begin munching.

"What's up?" I ask. But I don't hear the replies. Instead, Max asks to be excused and walks away, tugging me along. We stop in the bathroom. He locks the door behind us.

"Max, are you alright?" I ask.

"Are we just going to pretend that last night didn't happen?" He hisses. I laugh.

"Max, why would I pretend my brother isn't awake?"

Max looks a little hurt.

"Not about that. About, y'know." He makes a gesture between us.

I give him a puzzled look.

"Max, what are you talking about?" I ask, concerned.

"You're really going to do this to me, huh."

"Do what?"

Max turns away from me, unlocks the door, but before he leaves, he turns back one more time.

"How could you just pretend like it never happened?" He hisses.

"Like what  never happened, Max?" I say, pleading.

"I thought you were different. But no, I was wrong. You leave too, just like everyone else."

Max turns and leaves out the door at a sprint. I try and reach him, but when I look out the door, he's completely gone.

Max is nowhere to be seen.

I finish my food and head to Adam's car to change, then take my own to go pick Sharon up.

But Max is still in the back of my mind.