47

Keean was waiting for me in Chemistry. He grinned as I walked toward the bench. I climbed on my stool. He caught one of my books as it nearly slipped onto the floor.

"Thanks." I concentrated on his eyes and let myself get lost in them. "How'd detention go?"

"Boring. What about lunch? Did dumb shit spread the news?"

"Yeah...sorry, they all know now."

"Doesn't worry me." He took hold of my hand. "I told you that this morning."

I heard whispered voices and looked up to see Victoria and Kellie looking at Keean holding my hand. He followed my gaze. Victoria was glaring at us with so much fury I had to look away. Keean ignored her, squeezed my hand a little tighter and waved it at her with a smirk on his face. He could see I was embarrassed and gave me a gentle smile.

"Let them all think and say what they want. In a week they'll be gossiping about someone else."

I knew he was right but I wasn't used to being the girl with the boyfriend, or the centre of attention. I found it all a bit overwhelming. I was sure some of them would be making bets to see how long we were going to last. That scared me because if it was short lived I'd come out looking like a right idiot.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made us both look up. Keean was still holding my hand. Mr. Davis jerked his head towards them.

"You going to let go anytime soon, Mr. Crone?" He grinned.

I blushed and attempted to pull my hand out of Keean's grasp. He held on tighter, glanced at me then looked back at Mr. Davis. "No, Sir. I wasn't planning on it."

Mr. Davis chuckled. "If you're left handed, Crone I'm okay with it." He started to walk away hesitated then stepped back toward us. "I hope this isn't going to affect either of your grades. You'll be separated if it does."

"We won't let you down, Sir," Keean said with humour.

Mr. Davis smirked again and pointed his finger at our hands. "Might be best if you do that under the table. Wouldn't want anyone to think I'm an irresponsible teacher."

Keean chuckled and moved our hands so they were hidden under the desk. I hung my head and rested it on my right hand.

He leaned toward me and whispered, "You okay?"

I nodded at the desk and tried to pull my hand free. This time he let it go. I glanced around the classroom. Only Victoria was still watching us. I looked back at Keean. "You enjoyed that didn't you?"

He smiled and brushed his finger against my red cheek. "No turning back now."

"What if I said you were an arse?" I beamed at him.

He gave me a sincere look. "I'd have to prove you wrong."

We packed up our books at the end of the lesson. Victoria came over to our desk. "Well I hope it works out better for you than it did for me, Charlie."

I didn't know what to say to her. She turned to Keean. "Charlie's a nice girl. You better not be a prick to her."

Keean didn't answer her either. After a few seconds of awkward silence she turned and walked away. He looked at me through his hair. "Sorry."

I stood up, grinned and pinched his cheek, giving it a little shake. "You better not be a prick to me or my friend Victoria is going to kick your butt."

Keean laughed and grabbed me by the waist. I squealed. Mr. Davis cleared his throat. We looked up at him. He was trying to look serious and pointed to the door. "Out!"

We held hands again and were both grinning at Mr. Davis as we approached him. Keean pulled us to a stop. "Thanks, Sir."

Mr. Davis shook his head with a smirk on his face. "I mean it guys. You're two of my best students. If this affects your grades or classroom work I'll separate you."

Keean said, "Sure, Sir."

Davis chuckled and shook his head again. "Go on get out of here."

As we got to the bottom of the stairs Keean stopped and turned to face me. He stepped down one more step so our faces were level.

"I have to leave as soon as the bell goes."

I nodded my understanding waiting for him to say good-bye. He stood there looking at me. It took my breath away. I had a huge urge to touch him. I pushed my fingers through his fringe and moved it out of his eyes. "Shouldn't you have a crew cut? Isn't that how they're supposed to cut your hair where you live?"

Keean laughed and shook his head. "As long as it's not too long they let us be." He wrapped one arm around my waist and pulled me down onto the next step toward him. He'd said earlier he'd liked it when I'd kissed him first so I put my arm around his neck and kissed him on the lips. Keean's hair fell into his eyes again. He sighed when I pulled my lips away.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I whispered.

He made a soft groaning noise and pulled me closer, kissed my neck and ran his hand down my body until it reached my backside. Keean pulled me closer. I pushed away at the feel of his hard body against me but he held me firm. His breathing changed and sounded like it had that morning. Though I had never been held by boy this tight before I knew what it meant. I pushed away again. "Keean?" He looked at me like he'd forgotten where we were. "We have to go," I whispered.

He released me, brushed a loose strand of hair away from my face and sighed.

"You drive me crazy, Charlie Johnson."

I blushed, finding this hard to believe.

Keean gave me a quick kiss. "I'll pick you up in the morning." He headed off to his next class.

I sighed, smiled and decided I needed a drink of water.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Thank you all for reading. I'd love you to vote, comment and even follow if you'd like.

I really appreciate all your support ****