0|PROLOGUE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[PROLOGUE]

Vanessa walked to the front of her classroom, slid her video assignment into the VCR player.

"My name is Vanessa Cameron and this is my film entitled 'Gratitude'" she before she pressed play.

On the screen sat a sleepy Vanessa on her bed with her camera set up on a stack of her large textbooks. "It's around...." Vanessa trailed off looking around for her watch, "Wow, 3:38 a.m right now."

"I've been up all night trying to figure out what I was going to do for this assignment," she explained, "which was strange because I've never had any issues coming up with film ideas but that's been resolved."

"And after careful consideration and me just needing time to collect my thoughts, It's finished. Thank you in advance for watching and I hope you enjoy " Vanessa said as the clip of her faded black.

"Gratitude," her voice announced over the darkness, " according to the dictionary, Gratitude is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation and to return kindness."

"Basically a fancy word for Thankfulness."

" Some of us take this word- and this is more than just a word but rather an action; for granted. We reduce the act of being thankful to once a year at Thanksgiving but we must always take the time to show gratitude. These are some things I'm thankful for:"

There is a soft crackle before the video shows a vast field, you can hear the chirps of birds, the tall grass that fills the fields with little flowers littering the ground and the sun shines a golden ray on the scene. Vanessa's soft voice plays over the scene, " I am thankful for the life God has given me,"

She dances and runs through the meadow doing terrible leaps and turns. "I am thankful for the ability for my lungs to expand so wide so I can take deep breaths."

The video shows Vanessa setting up her camera in the field. She looks down into the lens to see how the lighting if the shot looks. "I am thankful for my eyes that allow me to see the vast beauty of the world."

The video flashes to a close up of Vanessa's face as the sun sets, leaving her with a warm glow. "I am thankful for pigment in skin that makes me special."

"I am thankful for the never-ending outpour of love my mother gives me because without her where would I be," she voices the video shows a clip of her mother and herself in the kitchen cooking. You can hear the audio in the clip as her mother raises the pot spoon to her lips.

"I am thankful for my big sister." Vanessa giggles as it cuts to a clip of Yasmin and Vanessa wrestling."my partner in crime and best friend."

"I'm thankful for the friends I have old -." she says as it cuts to Vanessa's going away party, where she is crushed in the middle of a big group hug, tears stream down their faces for their friend "and new." The tape shows a clip of Cory, Topanga and Tati making silly faces at the camera.

"I am even thankful for the best teachers I've ever had," Vanessa says it cuts to a clip of Vanessa running up to Mr. Turner and Mr. Feeny in the hallway.

"Mr. Feeny! Mr.Turner!" She calls out to them, " Can I take a video of you guys for my film?"

"Ms. Cameron you know how I feel about cameras," Mr Feeny sighs.

"All you have to do is stand there and look pretty."

"So this is Mr Feeny," Vanessa says in the clip pointing to said teacher, "And this is Mr.Turner." she smiles.

The video finally cuts to Shawn and Vanessa, she's asleep in his lap and her head lies on his chest as he strokes her hair with a look of adoration. "And I'm thankful for this pest Shawn,"

The video cuts to a clip of Shawn poking Vanessa in her ribs, " he makes me laugh, he makes me smile, he's my rock,"

The video fades to black before finally returning to Vanessa in her room, "There is so much more I could say but if I did, this video would be hours long, so here were just a few things I'm thankful for."

•••

✓ Edited

I like this version much better, I've corrected some grammar mistakes and changed and added in some new stuff. Hope you like it!

-Lexi