3|DATING DISASTERS

°°°

°°°

CHAPTER 3: DATING DISASTERS- SEASON 3 EPISODE 3 PT1 - WHAT I MEANT TO SAY

°°°

Vanessa sat in Chubbies, waiting for Dennis to show. Their exact plans changed from what they were originally to better facilitate their hangout. Firstly Dennis had a football game tonight so they agreed to meet at a later time at Chubbies and it would be more a group hangout with some of team mates and a few cheerleaders. A hangout to celebrate the school's victory against Ricker Hall and according to him; a way to see him in all his football player glory.

Vanessa had no objections to these plans as they had both agreed initially that this Chubbies hangout was indeed not a date even; though they totally knew it was and that he was still paying for her meal. However it was 20 minutes past 9 and here Vanessa sat in a lonely booth in Chubbies. Not a football player in sight.

Vanessa took a deep breath and sighed, tapping her nails on the booth table. She looked around the restaurant at her fellow classmates, the place was packed because she knew the game was over. So why weren't Dennis and his friends here?

She made eye contact with her sister across the room who also sat in an empty booth. Yasmin was on a date with some sad sap that was willing to commit to her two week rule. "Where's everyone" Yasmin mouthed to her sister.

Vanessa shrugged her shoulders at her sister before breaking eye contact with another sigh. She felt like such a loser sitting in a booth my herself. She felt like even the walls were watching her in pity. 

Sighing for the millionth time Vanessa stood up out of the booth and grabbed her purse to make her way out of Chubbies. It was pretty obvious they weren't coming and she was just the brunt of a cruel joke. However on her way out of Chubbies she heard the sound of a shrill yell. Looking back she let out a laugh as she spotted Shawn Hunter with a dart sticking out of his behind. 

⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

However as soon as Vanessa saw Shawn next Monday morning, she couldn't help but fall into hysterics. The situation was funny now that the date was over and seeing Shawn's limp and his hand holding his butt was enough for her.

“Ha ha ha, hilarious,” Shawn remarked sarcastically looking back at the girl. 

Vanessa walked up to the boy taking his bag off his shoulder and patted his shoulder, “It really was.”

The boy followed behind her as she walked to her locker. He leaned against her neighbouring locker and looked down at her as she switched out her books and his books,( because for some reason Shawn didn't know how to put his own books in his own locker). “How'd your 'hangout' with Dean go this weekend? I saw him hanging out with his buddies outside by the steps."