chapter 11

Rosie Evans

The walk to Richie's house was mainly silent besides Richie saying things such as ' I'm so sorry Rosie ' or ' How are you feeling now? ' to which I replied ' I'm okay Richie. No harm no fowl. '

I'm not sure why Richie was making a big deal over it. It was an accident and I understood that. Why would I be mad at him for an accident? That would be irrational.

When we got to Richie's front door he opened the door for me, allowing me to walk in before him.

"Richie? Is that you sweety?" That must have been Richie's parents. The look on Richie's face when he heard his mothers face was priceless; he looked as if he had seen a ghost.

"Y-yeah it's me." He replied

His mother walked around the corner and saw me standing behind Richie's tall frame. "Oh hello. If I had known we were having guests over I would have tried to look some what presentable." She said with a nervous chuckle

"It's alright Mrs. Tozier. I'm not dressed up either." We both chuckled to each other.

"Oh I have been dying to meet you sweety! Richie always talks about you to us. You both look so cute next to each other and make such a cute couple!" couple?

"Umm Mrs. Tozier-" "Please call me Maggie." "Right sorry; Maggie I think you are confusing me with someone else." I quickly turn to Richie then back at Maggie.

"Are you not Greta?" "Unfortunately not."

"Oh. I'm sorry for that." She says chuckling "I just figured because you both just look so cute together." "Mom!" "What? It's the truth."

"I'm sorry for confusing you for Greta. Who are you? You seem like a sweet girl."

"My name is Rosie. I live right across the street actually."

She gasps and looks at Richie. She mouths to Richie "This is Rosie?" He silently nods.

"Oh my gosh it's so nice to finally meet you Rosie!" His mom pulls me into a quick hug to which I awkwardly hug back and look to Richie as if saying 'help'. "Richie talks about you all the time to us; probably more than his own girlfriend-" "Mom!" "Sorry, but it's just so nice to finally meet you. I remember the first time you came over here when you moved to Derry and brought that delicious casserole."

"Really you remember that? That's so sweet!"

"Of course I remember that! It was my son's first interaction with a cute girl. He didn't stop talking about that for weeks." She says with a small laugh recalling the memory from so long ago.

"Alright I think it's time we get away from this embarrassment. Rosie let's go to the bathroom to get you cleaned up."

"Right of course."

Before we left his mother called out to us. "Rosie you are free to stay for dinner if your parents are fine with it."

"I think I will go home before that but thank you for the offer Maggie." With that I disappeared into the bathroom with Richie.

"Well that was something." I say to Richie with a soft chuckle, pulling a piece of my hair behind my ears.

"Yeah sorry about that. She has the tendency to embarrass me like that."

"I don't mind, my mom is the same way."

We both stood there in the bathroom waiting for the other person to say something to break the silence.

"Alright since your so short, If you can hop onto the counter I can clean you up." I hit his shoulder before hopping onto the counter. As I sat there with my legs hanging off the edge of the counter, Richie got some cotton balls, water, and rubbing alcohol from his cabinet.