*MYSTIFIED*~14

Kc was so excited about being in a real house for the first time, she couldn't sleep at all, she was walking all around the room looking at everything, then when she opened the far door in the bedroom she walked in and the light automatically turned on and it was a huge walk-in closet, it was the spare bedroom so that's where Shaunyl kept all her extra clothes that wouldn't fit in our main closet in our bedroom. She gently riffled thru all the beautiful clothes and the shoes that were sitting in a line underneath the hanging clothes. But for as much as she admired them, she didn't remove them from the hangers or attempt to try them on. I stayed out of the room but kept my eyes on her with much interest.

Kc moved out of the closet and went to the other door and slowly opened it and the light came on to a huge bathroom with jacuzzi styled bathtub she touched the outer edge of the tub, then stepped in front of the huge ceiling to floor mirrors that were behind the his and hers matching sinks and looked at her self in them for quite a while until she grew disappointed in the way she looked and turned out the lights and went back to the bed and sprawled out and just as she closed her eyes I walked into the room and asked her if she liked her new room. I must have startled her a little bit because jumped a little when I spoke. She rolled over and sat up on the bed and said it was a beautiful room, and that she's never had a room like this before and she loved it.

Then she said very colorfully that the entire shack they lived in could fit inside this bedroom and still have room to walk around it. I snickered at her as I sat down beside her as I asked if she was tired and wanted me to leave. Kc looked down at her feet and said she wouldn't mind my company if I wasn't too tired, because she was way too excited to sleep. So we shared a long and very colorful conversation with each other, and I realized that she and I had a whole lot more in common than Shaunyl and I had. I ended up showing her some close-up magic and she was really hooked on it, she loved the suspense and the not knowing how I did it, so she could watch me do it over and over again and try guessing how I did it. I found myself falling very quickly infatuated with her. Until she changed the subject and asked me if I was really killed that night by Weston.

I touched her face and showed her the bullet holes in my chest and told her that I did, but was given another chance at life by a supernatural force, but now that his revenge was done, and his son was back with him, he had no more use of such power and just wanted to try again at living. Kc gave me a tiny smile and said I had a good start, now that Johnny was back with me, and he did have a dog, and all the stuff that her brother Luke stold was back where it belonged...then she looked down at her feet and said now all that was left was her and Luke getting out of the way. I moved in closer to her and told her that I brought her and Luke there so Johnny could have them there because to him they were family too, and he would be heartbroken if they left...then I placed my hand on hers and added that I really would like her to stay with me for a while just to see if maybe we could get to know each other a little better.

Kc looked up at me and said with a little shock that I was interested and wanted to be with her. I gave her a silly smile and said why not, Johnny already considered her his new mommy and loved her and if she was good enough for my son, she was definitely good enough for me. But Kc was a lot smarter than that and said no matter how close she resembled her older sister, she could never be Shaunyl. I moved toward her slowly and gently placed my lips on hers and gave her a tiny smooch for the first time in her life, and told her that I didn't want her to ever try to be, and that I was only interested in her as Kc...and that I was fully aware that Shaunyl was gone. But just because she was gone didn't mean Johnny and I couldn't move on and try to start over and live again, because deep down I knew that's what Shaunyl would want us to do, not mope around and live in the past and wishing that she was there every single day.

By the time our conversation was over with it was almost 3:00 a.m. Kc was now getting kind of sleepy, so she laid down under the plush blankets and said she would love to give us a try, because she really did love Johnny, and didn't want to leave. I gave her a smile and a wink and told her it was a deal, but before I left and told her goodnight, I pointed to the closet and told her that whatever clothes that belonged to Shaunyl, now belonged to her, and she was welcome to them, because it was better than them just hanging in there gathering dust. Kc gave me a sleepy smile as she said ok, then she told me goodnight and she would see me and talk more tomorrow. I shook my head to her then I slowly pulled her door shut, and headed to my bedroom and after I crashed on my bed I went to sleep thinking about Kc and my potential future with her and Luke as new members of my family...and how my brothers and mother were going to react when they met them.