For You DH

Being a multimillion dollar celebrity definitely had its perks. From the awards shows to the parties, everyone knew your name.

You were almost always called about a role that they would die to see you in. You would be away from home for months at a time due to filming.

That was the worst part of the job. You never saw Derek as much as you would have liked. Most days you were lucky if the two of you had a chance to FaceTime since both of your schedules were so busy.

He lead the pack since Scott was gone and kept Beacon Hills safe. Sometimes he came up to where you were filming to surprise you, but not as often as you wished.

The press knew about Derek, but never had pictures of the two of you together. The only reason they knew what he looked liked was because of your social media. They often bombarded you with questions and asked why he never showed up to anything with you.

You lied and told them that it was work or family issues, but you knew that it was because Derek hate going to functions like those. If you wanted him to come, he would be there—no questions asked; it was never that serious, though.

Then, on your second to last day of filming, you got a call from Derek.

When you saw his name pop up on the screen, you weren't able to hold back the grin on your face as you answered.

"What do I owe the honor?" You teased.

"I just really miss talking to you. Is that a crime?" He argued.

"No, but you never coming to see me this entire time is definitely a crime. You're making me think what they told me about you was right." You walked off from the rest of the cast so you wouldn't disturb them.

"What did they tell you about me, princess?" He was amused at the thought that your coworkers talked about him and gave you relationship advice.

"They say that you got someone else in our little town, so you can't come see me. They say that you don't really love me," you told him, knowing that it pissed him off just a little.

"Princess, there's no one else here. It's just you and me for the rest of our lives. If you count these betas I have to babysit as someone else, then yes they have kept me busy," he sighs, "but my eyes are only for you, babygirl."

"You really know how to make a girl feel special," you said in a southern accent that he hated.

"Even when you're annoying the fuck out of me, I still love you."

"I love you, too, but I have to go finish up. I will see you in a couple days!" You said and he gave a goodbye before you hung up the phone.

A few days later, you were back in Beacon Hills and you were excited to see Derek.

Once you got to the loft, you sat you bags down and yelled for Derek, but no one answered. You went to the kitchen and saw a small box on the counter. You opened it and saw an engagement ring.

Your jaw dropped. Was Derek going to propose to you today? If he was, you needed to get ready and actually look cute and presentable. You couldn't be wearing sweatpants at a moment like that!

You were so mesmerized that you didn't hear the loft door open. "Just place all of that by the window while I put this cake in the kitchen," Derek said.

You knew he was here, but you couldn't rip your eyes away from the ring.

"Are you going to propose to her today?"

"No, I have another day saved for that—" he walked into the kitchen and saw you looking at the ring. He ran up to you and grabbed the box. "I didn't want you to see this."

You leapt into his arms and gave him a kiss. "Whenever you ask, just know that the answer will be yes."

He wrapped his arms around your waist as he smiled, "Its great to know that I already have the answer I wanted, but you're here two hours early, and I wanted to surprise you," he pouted.

"If it makes you feel better, then I'll stay in here while you guys set up my surprise," you pecked his lips.

"Give us an hour tops and I'll come get you." He grinned and rushed out the room.

When they were finished, Everyone left and it was just you and Derek. He guided you into the room and made you close your eyes.

"You can look now," he whispered in your ear.

Once you opened your eyes, you saw a completely renovated living room and lights. "You got new furniture for me?" You were in awe.

"I remember how you said that you didn't like how dark it was in here at night, so we installed new light fixtures yesterday. You also talked about how you wanted kids one day, but the loft wasn't really equip to do that, so I got some safer and less easy to break furniture. I hope you like it," he nuzzled his face into the crook of your neck.

"I love it, Derek."

Your phone ruined the moment as it rang. Of course, it was your agent.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, I don't know if you've heard the news but you are getting an award at the MTV Movie Awards. It's a new award and you are going to be the first one to receive it." Your agent said.

"You've got to be kidding! I'm getting the first of this award! What is the award?" You asked as you internally squealed.

"It's the Heart of Gold Award for someone in the industry that hasn't been around for too long but long enough to make a positive impact on everyone's lives—whether that is through community service or just everyday activities. You have about two months to get a speech ready. I'll see you then! Goodbye!"

You hung up and smiled so wide that Derek thought you were going to break. He picked you up and congratulated you on your award and claimed that the moment deserved cake.

Once the two of you celebrated and you had a couple glasses of wine, Derek carried you to bed so that you could get some much needed sleep.

The next two months were hectic from surprise dates to dress shopping to working on your speech, you were a busy girl. Luckily, the speech came to you easily.

Now, you were sitting in the crowd among celebrities at the MTV Movie Awards as everyone watched the video they put together of you.

They showed videos of you helping the less fortunate and videos of you just making people genuinely happy. Friends commented on how you were just a ray of light and the video brought a few tears to your eyes.

When it was over, the stage lit up and Derek stood there with your trophy and a mic stand.

You didn't know what to think. When did he get here? How did he get here?

"I have the utmost pleasure to get the first Heart of Gold Award to the love of my life, Y/F/N."

People cheered as you got up and went to the stage. Derek continued, "As she makes her way up here, I'll tell you a little more about us. Our first date was three years ago at this really fancy restaurant and things were going great between us. I asked her why she wanted to be an actress. And she told me that it didn't matter what she wanted to be, but what she wanted to do. She wanted to make a difference and fight for those who didn't have a loud enough voice to fight for themselves. She inspired me to have a greater cause than myself to fight for and I love her because of it."

You approached him with tears in your eyes. He handed you the trophy. He gave you a quick peck on the lips as everyone awed.

He took your empty hand and got down on one knee, holding out the ring that had been etched in your memory. "Y/N, you are the light of my life. Will you marry me?"

You nod with the biggest grin on your face as tears fell down your cheeks. Derek placed the ring in you finger and kissed you as the crowd cheered.

Right then, you knew Derek was your love, safety blanket, and home— until death do you part.