Ch. 10 The First Task

AN: okay so I am trying to write this again and I'm trying to finish but it's definitely gonna be a slow process. Also I'm honestly a bad righter

It's the day of the first task and I can't eat. I'm to nervous. Dragons I mean of all things. What if Fleur gets hurt or Harry or Cedric. I can't even imagine. This is a awful idea. Ahhhhhhhh. Okay I'm fine yeah I'm fine.

"Morning" I hear a familiar voice say to my right. (Hope you read that in his voice.... sorry but it's not him)

"Cedric." I jump up and hug him before I hear a chorus of ooos and laughter behind me.

"Bloody slytherins." Cedric mumbles in my ear and I just nod in agreement. (AN: I'm actually a slytherin and it's not the fact that there slytherins it's more so because there teenage boys 🤷‍♀️. Sorry just felt the need to defend my own house there)

"So w'at brings you 'ere?" I ask

"Oh well I saw this pretty girl sitting all by herself and I thought I would go say hi." I begin to blush at his words till... "Oh and you're here too" Cedric finish's

"Oi" I exclamé and slap him on the chest

"Hey obviously I'm kidding you didn't have to hit so hard." Cedric exclaims rubbing his chest where I hit him.

"Sorry I guess I do not know me own strengz. So 'ow are you? Are you excited for zee challenge?" I ask scooting over so Cedric can sit down.

"Well I was doing great till some crazy girl hit me in the chest, and yeah I'm excited for the challenge but I'm also pretty nervous. It's dragons for crying out loud. Honestly who comes up with this crap." Not the answer I was hoping for. Cedric being nervous just makes me more nervous.

"Hey are you okay? You look rather pale." Cedric asks slightly panicked.

"Oui. I will be fine just not very 'ungry zats all." I respond looking straight ahead. I meet the eyes of a very sad looking red head. He almost looks hurt. Yet somehow furious at the same time.

"Well I have to get down to the tent." Cedric says before kissing me on the temple and leaving. That sparked a particularly awful glare from George. Odd. Very odd.

~~~~

I decided to sit with Ron and Hermione in the stands. Currently it's just Ron and I, because Hermione went to wish Harry luck. Ron being to stubborn to go with, because Harry "lied" to him about the tournament. Totally Rubbish if you ask me.

"I'm just mad at Harry that's all, and I have a good reason to be. Bloody hell stop looking at me like that." Ron complains

"Ronald, I will look at you 'owever I want. You 'ave no right to be zis mad at 'arry. 'E did not put 'is name in zee Goblet of Fire. You idiot!" I shout at him slapping him with the book I am holding.

"Alright okay I concede. Bloody hell you hit harder then Hermione and that's saying something." Ron states as he scoots away from me rubbing his arm.

"Good. Zen after zee 1st task is over you will go and apologize to 'im." I say rather proud of myself for convincing Ron.

"Hello I'm back what did I miss." Hermione says plopping down in the seat next to me.

"Oh nozing I was just convincing Ronald to talk wiz 'arry."

"Yeah and the abuse that followed till I agreed." Ron starts but I hit him with my book again. "Ow!"

Bang! "Well I guess it's starting." Ron says as we turn our attention to the arina

Cedric was up. Oh sacré bleu I'm so nervous. I know he is ready. After all it's my plan.

The cannon fires and Cedric leaps to avoid the dragons fire. He very quickly turns a near by rock into a dog. It worked the dragon put all its attention on the dog allowing Cedric to get the egg.

"Congratulations Cedric! Tu es magnifique!" I scream as loud as I can.

"Bloody hell! My poor ears I think there broken!" Ron complains.

"Oh Ronald I wasn't Zat loud."

"Resse you where pretty loud even I must admit. Ron you are being dramatic" Hermione says

~~
Fleur completed her challenge no problem after all she is brilliant.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant." Dumbledores voice booms over a  loud speaker

Harry enters the rocky arena. The crowd are cheering his name. He sees the golden egg sitting alone, he makes a run for it but the dragon appears. Harry's forced to retreat behind a rock as the dragon flames him. Harry stumbles and falls around the arena. I am watching the scene through my fingers in fear.

"Your wand harry! Your wand!" Hermione yells.

"Oui Harry you 'ave a wand use it!" I add in

Harry summons his broom and jumps on it flying off. the dragon quickly fallowing behind. He breaks the chains on his ankles and bursts through the crowd completely shocking and scaring all of us.

After a while of struggling to see what's happening and no sign of Harry he suddenly swoops in grappling the egg. Everyone cheered at Harry's victory!

~
"Congratulations Cedric!" I shout tackling him in a hug.

"Thank you French fri." He hugs me back and spins me around.

"You did amazing'arry and you as well Fleur!" I smile at them both still hugging Cedric.

"Zat is fine I am not as important as your boyfriend. I am not 'urt." Fleur puts a hand over her heart. I simply stick my tongue out in response.

"Thank you Resse." Harry smiles.

"Oh more young love. You two are adorable front page material." Rita skeeter says snapping a photo of Cedric and I.

"Well I should be going, meet me in the great hall." I smile at Cedric before walking back to the castle. I am almost there when a cold hand grabs my wrist and pulls me behind a pillar.