Prologue

*Cameron's POV* 

I switched on the radio and there it was again. That song. Mercy. It seemed like just about every time I turn on the radio, it's playing on one station or the other. I'm not going to lie, it is a really good song. Shawn is insanely talented, he always has been. 

Back a few years ago before any of us were famous, Shawn and I were selected with some other guys to form a group called "Magcon" that tours around the United States. It was sort of a comedy bit, where a bunch of social media famous guys would all joke around on stage. The girls seemed to love it. They picked me because of my hilarious vines, and Shawn because he had really good song covers. 

I wouldn't consider it a huge accomplishment. None of the guys besides Shawn and I made it anywhere big. Well, Shawn made it huge I guess. His songs, like I said, are on the radio constantly and he's currently blowing up the top charts. It's weird to see him as such a celebrity when I grew up making stupid videos with him. I guess it just goes to show how much people can change. 

Most of the guys in Magcon don't really talk to each other anymore. I still talk to my best fbud Nash, I even consider him a brother in some ways. I know Nash keeps up with Matt pretty well, and so on and so forth. Shawn on the other hand, well let's just say he doesn't really associate with us anymore. He's flat out stated in interviews that he doesn't miss the group. It makes sense though, we all could tell by the way he acted that he just wanted to get his music famous. Fame was each and every one of our goals though, so I can't complain. 

The only thing that doesn't quite sit right with me is the fact that Shawn hasn't really stayed in touch with me personally. I honestly could care absolutely less about it, but Shawn and I were always really close. I was the only one he seemed to truthfully like and want to be good friends with when we did Magcon. 

I do understand the fame. I know that if it were me on stage with Taylor Swift, and him still stuck modeling for Gucci then I probably wouldn't give him the time of day either. But you know what they all say, heavy is the head that wears the crown. 

Which is why I was a little shocked to see his name on the line up for a Charity event performance that I happen to be a part of.