Slight Hiccup

"It's not possible, ma'am. I'm afraid your flight is cancelled due to a tropical cyclone in Bahamas."

"What?! When is it going to end?" We are standing with luggage on each of our hands. I know I'm looking fresh with my orange nails but honey this claws are ready to scratch somebody.

"It's until Wednesday."

"Three days from now? What are we going to do until then?" I said with gusto that I almost frightened the TSA employee.

"Jaz, calm down. Sir, is there any way that we can fix it? We signed our vacation leave it's difficult to back out now."

A travel agent named Amy appears and explains to us that there is another option that we can choose. 

"Liberty Resort? Where is that?"

"It's a beautiful and serene resort in the Polwalk state.You will have the same days of stay, meals included."

"But it's up in the north. It's not really tropical anymore." Nina reasoned. 

"We understand, ma'am. But this is one of the options. We can rebook-"

"No. We don't have the luxury to rebook our flight."

"Gurl, what do we do? I think we should take their offer. A resort is still a resort, right?"

She's right but we at least have to see the pictures. They hand us a brochure that contains the information about the Liberty resort. It wasn't bad. The seas are still fine and it's a beautiful view with coconuts and fine sand. I inhaled a good amount of air before facing the travel agents.

"Okay. We'll take it."

The next thing we know, we're flying 40,000 ft above ground to Polwalk. If it's any consolation, thank God, I am not seated beside a crying baby or a nervous passenger. Because if it ever did, I have no power to calm him/her down. Both of us will end up crying or screaming. 

"This is going to be exciting, Jaz. I can't wait! Boys, here I come." Nina said, as she adjusted her seat.

"Hmm. I just need to rest and have fun as well. Best of both worlds."

"I hope it's worth giving up Bahamas." She whispered to me. "I mean look, 80% of this flight is composed of old people."

"We'll just pray that everything is going to be fine." I pop an Ambien and put on my green sleep mask. 

"This is going to be a long flight. I could tell." I can hear Nina muttering under her breath. 

And with that, I doze off. 

I am awaken by a soft landing of the plane. As my vision clear, I whisper a prayer that we landed on this mofo alive. I hate planes. As much as I can, I take long road trips because it's scary and I don't want to end up like the people in Lost. But this is a special time so, we're cool. Thanks to Ambien.