SIXTEEN

Manik changed in his normal attire, a white shirt and blue denims as ignited his car engine to move to the place he was being ordered to come to. Currently he was running 15 minutes late and much to his bad luck, for the very foirst time Nandini was on time waiting for him standing in the sun.
"Woah! woah! woah! Sorry for being late." Manik ran upto her apologizing for the millionth time.
"Not worth it." Nandini replied.
"What do you mean?"
"You still look like a dishevelled monkey." she joked earning a glare from Manik.
"haha very funny. Now can we move forward or else we'll have to get brunch." Manik rolled his eyes. 
"Yes! Please follow me." Nandini walked ahead.
"Always after you ma'am." Manik gestured her to walk forward as he laughed.

They both walked side by side when Manik saw a park infront and face palmed himself.
"Not again. Do you want me to do yoga now?" Manik rolled his eyes asking.
"What?" Nandini turned confused, looking at his line of sight she slapped her forehead and spoke, " Oh No No. There at the edge of the street we have acafe. One of the best and my most favourite one. we're oing to have breakfast there."
"That! Oh Thank God." Manik left a sigh of relief.
"Idiot. Now come." she held his hand and dragged him to the entrance. They both walked inside the cafe which was small and cozy with a homely vibe. Nandini chose a corner table for the perfect view of the road and bright sunlight entering inside.

"This place looks special to you. What is it?" Manik asked holding out a chair for her.
"As in" Nandini settled down as she kept her elbow on the table.
"I mean this place must be special to you because of a reason." Manik asked settling down opposite to her. 
"It deifnitely is special. Actually this cafe is owned by one of my close friend. She was an orphan and i met her at the orphanage she was residing in long back ago then when she grew up she opened a cafe of her own with hard work. Not to forget she makes the best cookies." Nandini explained him with a beaming smile.
"Woah thats something really inspiring." Manik too smioled at her story.
"See there she is! Samaira!" Nandini called out to her best friend.
"Nandini! How are you!" Samaira came towards them, " Where have you been?" she asked.
"Duh as always busy in work and meetings. By the way meet Manik my- , He is good friend and Manik this is Samaira." Nandini introduced them.
"heyy!! Nice to meet you." Samaira greeted him.
"hii... Umm nice place." Manik replied complimenting the place.
"Thank you. It was all finalized by Nandini specially every part of the interior." Samaira smiled at her friend.
"Oh please we have done it together." Nandini patted her arm.
"I know. I know. Now may i know your order?"
"Cheese sandwich and pancakes with a hot latte." Nandini replied before turning to Manik as she asked him, "Manik what will you have?" 
"Just banana pancakes and black coffee." he answered with a smile.
"I'll be right back with your orders people." Samaira nodded her head as she left the duo alone.

"Woah Nandini i never knew you have such a strong appetite." Manik addressed Nandini.
"I suggest you to be around me a little more and i assure you, you'll get used to these shocks cause you don't know me for now." Nandini laughed.
"then in that case i would love to know you Miss Nandini." Manik looked at her intently which made Nandini's cheeks heat up with a  perfect pink glow.
"Angel!" A voice came from behind startling them.
There came a kid running down to Nandini and jumped sitting on her lamp all of a sudden.
"My Barbie Doll" nandini kissed the girl's cheek and rubbed their noses together earning a giggle.
"Anegl where have you been?" the little girl asked.
"Sorry my little one. I had been a little busy." replied Nandini holding her ears ina cute way that made Manik chuckle.
"Oh My God." the girl screamed eyeing Manik, "Did you get a boyfriend?" she asked in excitement.
"What! No!" Manik was taken aback by the girl, " I am her friend. Hi myself Manik." he introduced himself.
"Hi my name is Aisha." she replied before turning to Nandini as she asked, "Did i say it right Angel?"
"Perfect!" Nandini pecked her chubby cheeks.
"Just perfect." The girl giggled. " By the way angel look i made some drawings." the girl spoke.
"Show me." Nandini said as Aisha started showing her some of her drawing. watching the both of them together and their relationship, Manik was in aww with them when a particular picture caught his attention where a man was away from them i.e. Nandini, Aisha and Samaira.
"Aisha who's this?" Manik asked. 
"this person. he is my dad." the little girl replied flipping through the pages.
"Doll. Why have you drawn him?" Nandini's face became stiff all of a sudden.
"Just like that." Aisha shrugged her shoulder. Suddenly Samaira came with their order and saw the picture as the color of her face faded away.