THIRTY FOUR

A freakin Engagement.

No matter what the occcation or event is; everything is soo tiring that all you want to do is grab your heels in your hand and walk straight to bed but you can't specially if you are the centre of attention.

Even after the dinner was done and the guests left. Manik and Nandini were still not free to chuck their outfits out and relax because apparently after each function the families want to sit together to have a chat and obviously open the gifts and gossip about them. All Manik wanted to do was just run away and it was quite evident from his "i m so tired face" which was making Nandini giggle over and over again.

Every time Manik made up a 'common let us go' face when either of the family members tried including him in the gossip, Nandini couldnt help but admire this kid yet the cool guy. Even Manik could feel Nandini's gaze on him all the damn time, so he pulled out his cell and thought it was time for some chit chat atleast that would divert his mind.

MANIK

stop staring

NANDINI

No i am not

MANIK

Oh really then are you so fascinated by the decorator behind me?

NANDINI

Maybe.

By the way not a bad choice he looks soo much better than you :)

MANIK

excuse me :0

NANDINI

You are excused :)

MANIK

Look right now i am already alot much annoyed so you don't start.

NANDINI

Okay sorry, i won't now. But do you want to get out of here?

MANIK

Only if these people will allow. That is a 101% no.

NANDINI

That's true. So what do you suggest?

MANIK

I think before that, you ma'am need to explain me the entire 'Simon' scenario.

WHAT

What scenario?

MANIK

Oh please. Don't act so dumb, you know what i am talking about.

NANDINI

There is nothing to tell you. You had a misconception about it so what am i supposed to do.

MANIK

Excuse me. You and vSimon are the one's who plotted against me.

I was conveniently enjoying my dance and this day.

Before Nandini could answer that, she got saved from all the interrogation because Manik's family finally decided to leave but poor Manik, he was actually strating to feel better now.

MANIK

Dont you dare think this topic is over miss. I am not letting this go easily. :)

Nandini smiled reading his text. He was acting so adorable and cute like an adamant kid. Soon the families bid adiue with warm wishes and finally Nandini got to lay down on her bed with her pj's on. Damn it was soo comfortable only if we girls could marry in them but alas we can't.