Ouch

The next evening, the royal families were in the throne room at Enchancia Castle, ready for the ballet performance.

"Gosh, I've been looking forward to this all week," Axel whispered. "It just might be the best ballet I'll have ever seen—also the only one, but still the best."

"I know what you mean, buddy," Garrick smiled.

Meanwhile, Hugo, and the princesses were excited for their ballet performance—and Hildegard was excited to execute her plan. She was going to sabotage the scene where Sofia comes in and disrupts Odile's dance with the prince.

Soon enough, the curtains opened, and everyone was clapping.

Sofia came out, wearing a commoner's costume, and she danced beautifully. Then the backdrop magically changed to the Swan Lake scene. Using Sofia's fairy wand from the Mystic Isles, Hugo turned Sofia's costume into a beautiful purple dress. Then the cygnets showed up. Amber was carrying Sofia's swan tiara, and she went up and put the tiara on her sister.

Hugo twirled toward Sofia and held his hand out, asking her to dance. Sofia and Hugo did their Pas de Deux, and everyone loved their dance. Hildegard was sure that if everyone liked that dance, they would love her and Hugo's dance, too—and she had to make sure Sofia didn't ruin it.

After Sofia's dance with Hugo, he and the cygnets danced behind the curtains. Then Hildegard showed up, wearing a black tutu. She waved her hands at Sofia, and Hugo used the fairy wand to turn Sofia into a pink and white swan. Everyone was surprised at this. Then Sofia ran behind the curtain.

Hugo and Hildegard danced up before the audience for the ballroom scene. Hildegard was having fun, and she was wearing the same costume Sofia was wearing. Then Sofia appeared, still in her swan form. Amber waved the fairy wand and turned Sofia back into her human form. She and Hildegard started dancing individually, and then Hugo started dancing with Sofia. That's when Hildegard executed her plan. She threw a ball on the floor for Sofia to trip on—but Hugo stepped on the ball, and then he slipped and fell down much to everyone's shock. Hugo tried to get up, but his ankle really hurt, so the ballet show had to stop.

Garrick and Axel went up to Hugo to see if he was all right.

"I can't believe it—Sofia was so supposed to trip on that ball, not him," Hildegard blurted out...right before realizing what she just said.

Everyone glared at Hildegard.

"You did this on purpose?" Axel growled.

"I didn't intend to hurt him—it was meant for Sofia," Hildegard protested.

"That doesn't sound much better—you still haven't let go of your jealousy of my relationship with her," Hugo frowned.

Everyone else agreed with Hugo. Sofia whispered into Axel's ear, and he nodded to her.

"We're going to ask Mr. Cedric if he has a healing spell," Sofia declared.

Seeing his daughter wink at him, Roland smiled knowingly. "You do that," he smiled.

Axel cradled Hugo in his arms, and he and Sofia walked off. Soon enough they were alone.

"Thank goodness," Sofia sighed.

"Why?" Hugo asked.

"I lied about seeing Mr. Cedric, so nobody can me heal your ankle," Sofia revealed.

Hugo remembered that Sofia has the power to heal injuries the way Rapunzel used to with her magic hair.

"Okay, Sofia, do your thing," Axel said.

Sofia placed her hand on Hugo's ankle and started to sing Rapunzel's Healing Incantation.

Flower, gleam and glow

Let your power shine

Make the clock reverse

Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt

Change the fate's design

Save what has been lost

Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine

Axel put Hugo down, and Hugo was able to walk on his feet.

"Thanks, Sofie," Hugo smiled.

"No problem," Sofia smiled back.

"Now I've gotta have me a word with that Hildegard," Axel frowned, cracking his knuckles.