..Sassafras Roots..

From the early next morning the new album was really on its way.As the days were passing by, the guys were more and more closer to the end of this wonder.Everybody was excited about it.For some days I prefered not to go to the studio with them so they could work better.Without noticed at all 1994 came and it could clearly be called " the year of Green Day " as  Dookie came out .Everything changed in front of our eyes, like one day you're just you and the next day everybody knows you.It was crazy and the guys didn't take it every well.

I was sitting on the sofa reading a book when Trè got in the room.He seemed really happy.I left my book near me and looked at him.

-Trè?What's going on?

He turned at me, his eyes were shining.

-You...you won't believe it!!

-Try me out..!

-Well , we were in a car with Rob and he told us that we sold millions of records and that we'd be pretty fucking huge!!! , he couldn't control his happiness at time.Well neither I could.I got up and started jumping around with him.

-Wow!That much more than we thought!You guys are famous and rich now! , i said. Trè stopped jumping around, he became speechless.

-I...I...I didn't think of that...

-You're not happy about it??

-I don't know...I never was famous...or rich..or something like that... , Trè couldn't talk properly for some minutes.We sat on the sofa.He closed his eyes.At time I couldn't understand.I thought that they wanted something like that but it turned out that I was wrong.Some minutes later Mike and Billie came home also.When they saw Trè like that they couldn't see why.They went in Billie's room so they could talk about that.I was sure that they would be fine , I couldn't see that it would be difficult to be famous.Mike came out and walked till my side.

-He'd be fine , he's just kidda shocked.

-Why?

-Cuz , Vic , our life is changing , he thinks that it'd be a struggle to handle the fanbase and stuff like that...

-But he's not right...is he? , I asked.Mike didn't say a thing.He took a breath.

-I don't know...maybe...we haven't faced something like that before...

It was clear that Mike was in the same case as Trè was just Mike was more calm in a way.But in some time he'd be worring about it more as the hardest stuff were on the way.