Meet The Hosts

"Alisha! Where the hell are you? If you come home late today then you'll have it", my aunt, Sashi screamed through the phone. " Hm!" I said and hung up the call. Ugh. 

The thing is I'm probably one of those people who tend to keep alot of patience and know the way to vent out my anger, but this lady, supposed to be a loving aunt to me acts no better than a cruel stepmom.

"Hey! Is everything okay?" Ranbir, my colleague and my ride to home, asked.

"Nothing. Just the usual crap. Its okay. Let's go!" I said. 

It was 10:30pm in Delhi. Even though its an urban city with almost modern thinking, crime rates too go up with the modernity. Especially for rapes. The thought kind of scares me and so does my family. But this isnt the reason Sashi cares about. I have this little cousin brother, my uncle's and aunt's only son, Vishesh, who's a teenage of 13 or 14 years of age. 

They, or more like Sashi, reckon since I get to stay out of home late in the night, Vishesh could also be rebellious towards his timings, probably fight for his 'rights'  and end up distancing himself from their loving parents. Jeez. 

Sashi is really an overdramatic thinker and I cant, definitely, stand this woman in my life.

Anyway, I reached the house after an hour or so. As I was grabbing my stuff and stepping out of the car, Ranbir called out my name. 

"Yeah?" I said. "Al, do you mind if we go out for dinner after office tomorrow?" 
"Um. Yeah sure!" I replied and ran over to the lift. 

Okay, I gotta admit. Ranbir was a great looking guy out of my office colleagues and a real sweetheart to me but he was a jerk to the girls who liked him so that kind of gave me a put off in him which also might be the reason I still have some attitude to throw at him.  So I gotta play with that. 

As I reached my floor, I took out the key my uncle, Ranjit had given me to escape the fuss that the only crazy woman in the house could create. 

The point of me staying here was basically a part of my survival for internship, not because I was some orphan who was a 'burden' to the relatives. My parents had already moves to New York along with my sister, Mahi, soon to-be bride.

 I planned to stay back until I got my life as a photographer figured out. I worked, now, as professional photographer at True Delhi.  My plan was of one year until the next big thing, Manhattan Lights.  But the plan vanished as soon as I started experiencing pressure from my boss. I was always on my toes and soon exhausted to do almost anything.