New News!

I woke up around 7am, less than two hours for my office. Every morning is the same. I wake up, open up the laptop and check through the mails and every time I'm left disappointed. I was always checking for any sort of interview call from Manhattan Lights. I had sent them my CV almost six months ago and I'm yet to hear anything from them. 

I was a big fan of their scene photography, their light leaks scenes being one of the famous ones. I fantasised about being in that company, experiencing and learning new stuff from the seniors. But the disappointment grew everyday and today I felt no different.

I scanned vaguely through the mails, just like everyday. But I dont know why I decided to search the mail just for my sake of anxiety that was growing everyday. 

And so it was. I was dumbfounded when I actually saw that there were three calls from Manhattan Lights for my interview! How idiotic could I have been. These mails were in my inbox the past three days and I didn't care enough.

So the mail read as follows: 

V.K.G_ManhattanLights@gmail.com: Job-Interview Letter.

Alisha,

We've been quite amazed with your achievements as a intern-photographer and your blog is simply splendid. 

Your interview has been scheduled on 23rd July 2015 at 11am. 
Hope to see you here.

Regards,

Serena Wood,
Assistant Manager at Manhattan Lights. 

Oh hell! I finally made it for an interview. And they checked out my blog. Kind of bonus on my part now. The dream felt so surreal until now. Everything was at peace now. So, technically I had the tickets to move out of Delhi and move in to Manhattan with my family. 

So I started strategizing all that I needed to that included to book a flight, pack up all my stuff, close my account and also write a resignation letter. But first thing to do was inform my parents. So I took the cell and dialed up Dad's number.

"Hey Dad. Its me, Alisha."
"Alisha beta,  what a surprise! What's your need, child?" Mom picked up the phone. 
"Maa, I actually need to speak to Dad about banks and stuff. So..?"
"Well, he's having his favourite paranthas and you know how he loves to ignore everybody for it." Maa reminded.
"Hey its Alisha na? It's fine. Pass it over." Dad said from the back. Obviously he had to attend to me. I called after months I suppose. 
"Yeah. So dad. I need you to send some money for me to book a flight. I'm low on budget here. I need to get to Manhattan on the 22nd. Plus tell me how do you close an account here?" 
"Woah woah. Hold on. Why do you need a flight now? The wedding isnt until next few weeks. What's the hurry? And closing bank accounts? Beta, what's going on?" Dad, concerned.

"Okay so dad, put me on speaker please. So, my dear family, I've made it for an interview at Manhattan Lights. So, I'm pretty confident they'll accept me and I'll finally move in with you guys. Happy news, right?" I said, hoping for some good reactions. 

"Ugh. She's coming back into my life. Oh save me, Lord!" my sister, Mahi said regretfully.
Okay she wasn't the perfect sister to me but still she was sharing my blood so I guess it was just part of sisterhood. 

"Mahi shush! I'm so happy for you beta! When are you coming?" Maa replied. Finally some positive reaction. 

"22nd of July" Dad and me, chorused. 
"Okay! Dad send me the money  ASAP. I'm running late for office. I gotta rush. Text me when you do so..Bye!" I hung up. 

So I am supposed to give a 15-day notice with my resignation and then I'm all done with Delhi.