Through the Night

Chapter 8

LEE JI EUN'S POV

I slide my phone back to the table and pick the lemonade I was drinking before the long conversation with an old friend. It seems too long since we talk about ourselves, after what had happened back in the past. It was memorable, and I owe him my life for sure. Park Lee Young who became one of that old friend I know I can ask anything and be done with it. He is definitely living his dream now based on how he talks confidently, his that type of good-looking and heartless doctor you often watch in medical dramas. Well, he seems really doing fine and was able to invite him to my wedding.

 The wind from the balcony of this room swifts freely in my skin and I would not dare say that Seoul can beat this freshness of the air from the sea. With this half-emptied lemonade in my hand, I close my eyes to feel the current sensation of peace of mind.  Before long, a familiar knock on the white wooden door sent me off running quickly. 

Right then after the door swung open, there at the doorstep, my ever perfect fiancee is standing handsomely with freshly picked flowers in both hands. He smiled lovingly and give me a peck on my forehead. 

"I miss you so much, baby..." he whispered as his hands are now wrapping my small figure. 

"These flowers are beautiful, I love you and I miss you too, Taehyung-ah"  I hugged back and we stay like that for a good minute. 

"You look more beautiful than these flowers, and you smell even better. I insist, Ji Eun-ah," he said while looking closely into my face. 

"You're making me blush, you know that?" I cover my face with this flowers. 

"My greatest pleasure, baby..." he winked as he dragged me still in between of his arms to the living area where I was chilling earlier. 

"The place looks great, Thank you for preparing all of this... I wish I could do something special for you" Taehyung said placing both of his hands on my cheek. 

I look flustered but I know where this would lead us both, so I instantly took his hands off my face and do the exact thing on his angelic face. 

"Being with you is the most special thing here in this place, Taehyung-ah. I hope I will not repeat myself. Okay? You with me is the most special thing that could ever happen to me anywhere in this world."

"I love you, Taehyung-ssi" I smiled and give him a quick peck on his lips. 

"I love you too, Ji Eun-ah, and just why are you making my heart beating abnormally? Should we take a walk and enjoy the sunset then?" he replied with his eyes smiling, and of course, that signature boxy smile of his also sends butterfly all over my stomach. 

Can I be this happy always with him? God. I love him, we can be like this forever.

JUNG SOO YEON'S POV

Driving myself way back home when my phone rang up. I never bother checking the caller ID since I know this probably is my boyfriend, Jungkook. He calls often after my shift, or on my way home. I answer the phone with my chest pounding heavily, but it was all gone when it was not Jungkook's voice that reaches my ears. It's Jung Hoseok again.