l a s t c h a n c e

!592words!

I woke up on Dalnim's lap, her eyes scanning all over the room. 

"Hinami, are you okay? What happened?" 

"The photo album. Where is it?" I started to panic. I need to see what is in there.

"This?" She hesitantly looked over her shoulder, stood up and grabbed the book. She handed me the book looking confused as to why I needed it so desperately.

I grab the album instantly and gesture her to sit. 

"Dalnim, I think Donghun is my brother."

"What! I think you might have hit your head." 

"Dalnim, I'm serious. Look at these photos" I show her the photos inside. Her eyes grow large and she spikes up.

That's the answer, Hina!" We both run to find Donghun, searching every corner. We finally find him, but this time he was covered in blood. I freak out in hopes that this wasn't Moongyu's blood. Dalnim grabs him by the wrist into a corner and I tell him we have the answer.

"You know?" His eyes brightens up like a five year old would when he saw candy. 

"I-I'm your sister, r-right?" I start to cry uncontrollably. 

"And I'm your brother who has and always be there for you" Donghun hugs me and starts to cry too. We sob together in a tight hug. 

But we can't always get what we want

"Hina, duck!" Dalnim says before pushing me out of the way.

"Dalnim!" Blood was oozing out of the gaping hole in her stomach. I had to run or else I'd be dead too. I grabbed her and ran. I ran and ran and ran. I ran till my legs gave up. I rushed her into my room and tried to keep her wound from bleeding. But she was no longer with me. She's dead. I cried and cried. I shouted and screamed. At this point I don't care if they kill me. Dalnim's gone. Donghun left me. Moongyu's probably dead. Why should I live? 

"Hinami, it's me, Donghun"

"What the shit do you want?" I avoid making eye contact and close my sobbing eyes. 

I feel arms wrap around me with little strength. As I was about to throw them off of me I look up.

"Moongyu? It's not you is it?" I must have gone crazy. No way he'd be here.

"I kept my promise" Donghun says in a gentle, light tone. Just like his personality.

"Dalnim was unfortunately the price to pay if you want him." Moongyu clearly looks halfway dead, but now that he hears this, he looks empty, like he had no soul to start with.

"My sister is dead because of me?" Donghun tries to leave, but Moongyu grabs him by the throat.

"Moongyu, please don't kill him. I know he did bad things, but he tried really hard to get you back and he's my brother" As much as I hated him, somehow I still needed brother that protect me from the world.

Moongyu lets him go but instead points a gun at him. 

Bang

Moongyu screams at what he hit was not what he was planning. Finally I can see Dalnim and thank her for saving my life. 

"M-moongyu, r-run" I say trying to gasp for air. He picks up my now dead body and runs back to Ragtag. Instead of finding the hideout, he find cops surrounding the place and his friends in cuffs. Now he can't ever show his face again. He had to run. He had to hide. 

Never again will you see him.