12. Shots fired

I just love this gif so much and I don't know why I'm crying 😭

Y/n's p.o.v.:

After talking more with Jared I felt like he hadn't changed in a good way. Although his jokes were more inappropriate he still had that charm that made you laugh no matter how gross, disgusting, or corny the joke was.

"JayJay we're done!" I yelled loudly making everyone jump. What can I say whenever I got excited I began to shout a lot. And boy was I excited. "We just have to type up and print out everything." She replied as she yawned. "I could take care of that." Evan whispered.

"No it's fine we should definitely meet up again to finish it all at once, we can just print out our own part and tape it to the board next week." Jared chimed in as he began to gather his stuff.

I looked at the time on my phone and almost panicked when I saw 27 unread messages from my mom along with 6 missed phone calls. I was in trouble.

"I think I should get going my mom was spamming me, she's probably worried." I quickly said as I dumped everything into my bag and waved as I ran down the stairs.

"You're not staying for dinner sweetie?" Mrs. Salazar asked as she saw me run down the stairs.

"No Mrs. Salazar, I think my mother is worried she spammed me and I should really get going." I answered her.

She nodded and walked me towards the door. "Of course, you're welcome to come back any day Jayden needs more humble friends like you that don't take advantage of her father's wealth. Anyways George's cooking so you'll be happy you left early unlike your other friends." She laughed and that's when I noticed she looked incredibly beautiful.

When she laughed she created a wrinkle around her eyes and her laugh was nothing I'd heard before. She reminded me of mom. And I couldn't wait to see her. I would hug her when I arrived home.

Noticed I used the term 'when'.

I never arrived home.

On my way I began to hear the voice mails and read the text messages that she had left me.

___________________________________

Y/n!

Please answer your phone! This is an emergency!

I'm not home and if you're home get out of there and go to the police station or hide somewhere in a neighboring house please!

Y/n? Please!

Answer me as you get the chance, you're scaring me. Does he have you?!

Y/n listen your father, he's out to get you. The police on the hunt to find him but you need to go somewhere with someone to protect you.

Please answer me or call me. The police won't let me leave the station. They're looking for you stay safe.

Y/n?

___________________________________

Scrolling through more of the messages I felt my body get tense. I didn't have to force to move forward or back. It was still 6 so it wasn't that dark.

Quickly looking around to see if anyone was around I responded to her saying that I was safe. Then I called Jayden and began to run back to her place. I wasn't dumb I needed to find a place to hide.