Chapter 7

Lucy would return. I knew she would. There was no way on earth that she would ever leave me alone in a town I didn't know. Especially if that town housed both Llaluna and some guy she obviously knew was trouble. Even when I heard her car spinning and revving away, I knew she would be back before long. I just needed to wait this one out. She would message me soon, telling me that she was on her way back and that she was sorry for leaving without me. Maybe then I would give in and go with her, making her promise that we would come back as soon as possible so that I could face my demons yet again.

"Anything else?" Timothy looked nervous this time. He must've seen or overheard what was going on between me and Lucy.

"Another coffee," I said, pointing towards my cup. "And is there anywhere I could maybe charge my phone a bit? The battery died and I don't know anyone here. I might need to make a call or get onto the internet soon."

"Well... Not actually. We're not allowed to have our phones here with us," Timothy said with an apologetic smile.

"I have my charger here," I stated hoping for the best.

"Okay. Let me see what I can do. I'll ask the manager," he said as he left me at the table with only my own thoughts to entertain me with.

I looked around me, hoping to see people, eating and drinking, but somehow the coffee shop which I thought would become fuller and fuller as the sun crept higher in the sky was actually becoming emptier.

"My manager says its fine. We can charge it in the back office if you're willing to wait for it," Timothy said as he approached the table where I was sitting once again.

I just reached for my charger when it hit me.

"Shit. My friend took off to our home town. She has my bag with her."

I cursed Lucy inside my head and now I was really hoping that she would be coming back.

"What are you going to do now?" Timothy asked with a worried frown.

"I guess I'll wait for her to realise she has my stuff and come back for me," I answered the most logical thing that popped into my mind.

"You're pretty sure she'll come back?" Timothy asked.

"Yeah. We've known each other since forever. I don't think there is anybody in the world that knows her behaviour better than I do. She usually throws a fit, storms out and comes back an hour or two later with bags full of shopping," I said with a smile. I could not count how many times I have been in a scenario similar to this with Lucy and it always plays out the exact same way.

"Well, then I should get your coffee before she comes back," Timothy says with a smile, rushing to get me my next order.

I could not help taking the time to wondering what the hell was up with Lucy. And more than that, what on earth was up with Fynn? Even weirder was putting the two together and wondering what was up with both of them together? I have rarely seen Lucy acting this abnormal. It was like she was trying to repel this town, or at least get away from Fynn. Llaluna I could still understand. She wasn't exactly the nicest person to be around. In actual fact every time I have stepped foot in her house she had told me to stay away from her and everybody around her. I will admit that she might have had her reasons in the past, but from where I was standing now, it was completely different. I would have thought that she would be able to see that I was just as broken as she was. We finally had something in common. Our grieving over Blake.

"Your coffee," Timothy said as he put my cup in front of me. "Anything else?"

"A pen and paper?" I asked hopefully. If I was going to be here for a while I could just as well make myself useful and write something. It has been a while since my second book came out. Two whole years to be exact. It was like I just couldn't concentrate.