Ch. 1

Chapter 1
Peyton's POV
It was a hot, sticky summer morning in the gym. I could smell the sweat and the tears from the lockers. California Allstars Cheerleading gym is the place where dreams are crushed and come true.
But there's something else, I'm a werewolf. Most of the people in Ventura, California are. My father was the Alpha of the Dusk Pack. Most of the people on Smoed, my team were werewolves, except some were in the Blue Moon pack about a half hour away.
I'm a flyer. Which means that I get tossed into the air and have contort my body in unnatural ways and twist and kick and hope I don't die.
We were practicing our kick doubles when I smelled something. The sweet aroma of chocolate and s'mores filled my nostrils.
I tried to ignore it and practice my tumbling passes. As I ended my whip back and went into my double twist I smelt it again and was so consumed by it I landed on my ankle.
A shock of pain ran through me as I collapsed on the ground. Immediately Leah and Brett, my two best friends on my team ran over to me in a panic.
"Oh my god Peyton are you ok?" Brett cried.
" I think I messed up my ankle. Just take me to see Mama," I said trying to hold back tears. Mama was the receptionist/ nurse that everyone loved.
Brett picked me up and quickly ran into the main hall and I suddenly forgot about the pain. I smelled the same aroma as before. My wolf was losing her shit howling and crying. Finally she clued me in, Mate.