Chapter 2 🍁

"You do that again and I'll chop off your head and feed it to 16 of Mrs Jinkin's cats! Rudra yelled, throwing his protein shake bottle at his roommate.

Om had his head buried in his pillows and he was groaning, screaming and wriggling on his bed like a worm and it was annoying the shit out of Rudra.

"Shut up, he grumbled back at Rudra as he got up and threw his pillow at him which Rudra dodged like a ninja!

He couldn't get that kiss with Chulbul out of head. He knew it stupid, stupid thing to do! Chulbul was a big fool! And just like they said, they should forget about it, but Om couldn't get the images out of his head. It was like they were superglued inside his head or something.

"Rudra?

"Hmm

Rudra was just not Om's roommate but also one of his closest buddies.

"What would you do if a guy kisses you? He tried to keep his voice as casual as possible.

"Give him a flying kick in his shins,

That is what any guy would do

"These amazing lips are god's gift to just girls, why you asking buddy? Did someone-"

"What?! No! I was just..trying to make a conversation, Om rambled, panic getting best of him.

Rudra flatted his lips at Om and sighed.

"From the next time try topics like soccer or COD, Rudra grumbled.

***
For next two weeks things seemed right between them from afar but they were really messy when looked closer.

Gauri tried to avoid Om without making it too obvious or hurt his feelings. She thought if she would stay away from him, her crush with eventually die.

But Om did notice it, it was hard not to when all his attention was subconsciously always on Chulbul.

And it did hurt his feelings. Chulbul was a great guy and one of the few people around him who genuinely cared about him. He wanted to protect their friendship at any cost. But he also didn't want to give wrong impression to Chulbul..it might lead to really messy situation so he decided he needed to make a few things clear.

At the first chance he got, he pulled Chulbul into an empty room and checked to see if anyone saw them before closing the door.

Chulbul looked at him with wide eyes.

"The other day..when you kissed me I could have decked you, but I didn't,

"But if you do it again, I will deck you Ok? He whispered.

Gauri nodded immediately.

"Because it's what who I am. I know I am. I am mean I am not! I-I am not what you think, ok? His voice was rough and panicky.

"Okay, Gauri said with more emphasis than required.

***

It was Friday and Om and Gauri would go and watch some action movie at the movie theatre every Friday.

It had become their norm.

And Gauri loved those three hours she got to spend with him.

When she reached Om's car, her worst nightmare stood there, in a short red dress and killer heels.

A girl with long black hair and really really good legs that even Gauri had to appreciate, stood pressing her body against Om's, running her fingers across his shirt in imaginary patterns.