Five

Eventually, Dan had to show up to school, no matter how much he was against the idea, because he still had to go to class and get good grades. And he had to suck up whatever selfish guilt he was feeling and face Phil, because whether he liked it or not, they had to work on this project together, and they hadn't even gotten started.

  So with a racing heart and a weary mind, he got up that morning and dragged himself to school.

  He was early, as always, and the halls were mostly empty except for the teachers and the occasional student. Dan liked showing up early, usually because it gave him some extra time to do any unfinished homework. And it was kinda nice, with the halls not all clogged up with sweaty jocks and high maintenance girls.

  And it also gave him time to think about what exactly he was going to do about Phil, when the time came. It was pointless trying to ignore what had happened, because Phil was sure to never let it go. If anything it would just encourage him in his go-getter ways. And he couldn't be an asshole and tell Phil to fuck off about it, because that wasn't the type of thing he usually did. The only real option was to acknowledge it, put it in the past and just move on. Or at least try to.

  So when the bell rang, announcing the start of lessons, Dan was all prepared to handle this. He had a speech and everything.

  But Phil never showed up. He remained MIA the entire period, and Dan was forced to at least start reading the insufferable play they were working with.

  Where the hell was he? In the two weeks he'd been going here he hadn't missed a day, and even though that wasn't a big deal, it still made Dan worry. Was something wrong, was he sick or something?

  'Or maybe its because of me' he thought, and something told him that that was exactly it. He hadn't shown up for the last two days himself, because of what had happened. Maybe Phil wasn't so quick to forget it, like him.

  He had to go and see him. It was a quick and irrational decision, amd Dan was sure it could lead to nothing good. But he had to make sure he was alright, and hadn't done something stupid.

  Only problem was.......where the fuck did he live?

                             ***********************************

  After school, Dan was sitting in his car in front of Phil's house, trying to work up the balls to actually go up and knock on the door.

  He'd had to beg the lady in the office to give him Phil's info, and endure some awkward flirting, but it was worth it. At least, he hoped.

  Every time he made to get out of the car, some crazy scenario went through his head and made him hesitate. What if Phil was mad at him and didn't want to talk to him? What if he wasn't even there, and the house was empty? He'd be wasting his time. And what if.....

  .....what if he was over reacting like a prat? It was Dan that had started the....kiss, but it wasn't like Phil had stopped him. He'd kissed him back, actually. So it was just as much his doing as it was Dan's.

  So with a sigh of resignation, Dan pushed his door open and headed up the drive, to the front door. His stomach was still twisting itself into knots, but he had to suck it up and face the music now.

  He knocked on the door quickly, before he could chicken out, and held his breath as he waited. Soom enough, he heard footsteps approaching, and he looked up slightly as the door swung open, revealing what could only be Phil's mum. She smiled down at him, and he smiled back politely.

  "Hello dear." She said. "And who might you be?"

  "I, uh....I'm a friend of Phil's. We're working on a project together, and I haven't seen him in a few days. Thought I'd check in." Dan said, shuffling his feet a bit.

  "Oh, well that's so kind of you. He's been feeling ill these past few days, so I kept him in. He's upstairs, second door to the left."

  He thanked her as he stepped past, into the living room and making his way to the stairs. He wasn't too curious about seeing where the eccentric Phil lived, mostly because he felt as if he was going to vomit. He stopped in front of the door the lady had inquisited, and knocked on it.

  "I've already told you, mum, I don't need anything!" Phil shouted from the other side, and Dan almost laughed.

  "Its, uh, not your mum."

  There was some movement from the inside the room, and then the door was flung open, and Dan was face to face with a shirtless Phil who was staring at him in shock. Dan was trying not to stare at his chest, because as much as he didn't want to admit it, he felt his own body reacting just at the sight.

  "Dan." Phil said finally. He was staring at him so intensely, it was making him feel very self concious, so he looked at the ground with his face starting to turn red.

  "Hey." He responded. "I just.....came to check in on you. Hadn't seen you in a few days, since the.....you know. Um. I actually came to apologize." He was a stuttering mess, and his face was getting hotter by the second.

  "For what?" Phil asked quietly. Dan glanced up at him through his fringe shyly, slightly embarrased of the situation.

  "The other day. When I kissed you like that. I'm sorry, I didn't really think about it, I just......did it."

  Phil was silent, and Dan waited agonizingly for him to say something, anything, because he was so damn nervous.

  "You can, uh, come in." He finally said, and Dan sighed in relief as he stepped into Phil's room. Looking around, he saw the it was almost exactly as he expected it to be. The walls were painted a deep blue, but you could barely tell because there were posters and other bits of paper plastered over it. There were clothes strewn across the floor and on the large bed, and even on the desk that was pushed against the far wall.

  It was messy, but it also had a certain order to it, if that made any sense, and Dan couldn't help but think that it was just so....Phil.

  "I didn't really think you'd come all the way over here just to see me." Phil said from behind him, and Dan turned to see he was pulling on a shirt. And for some reason it made him disappointed.

  "I didn't come to just see you. I told you, I wanted to-"

  "Apologize, I know." Phil interupted, smirking slightly. "But for what?"

  "For.....kissing you, like that. I didn't mean to, and I'm sorry, I didn't want you to hate me or anything."

  "And why would you think that I hate you?"

  "Because, you don't like me. At least, not like that. And you haven't been at school, I thought you were avoiding me."

  Phil laughed at him, shaking his head and holding his stomach. Dan just stared at him, waiting for him to explain what the hell was so funny. When he'd finally calmed down, Phil moved so that he was standing as close as possible to Dan, reaching up and holding both sides of his neck.

  "Are you serious?" Phil whispered, and he was so close that his breath swept across Dan's face. "I don't hate you, Dan. That kiss....the only thing it did to me was make me want to try harder."

  Dan was kinda confused about what exactly was happening, but he was just glad that Phil didn't hate him.

  "What do you mean try harder?" He asked, and Phil chuckled.

  "Try harder to make you fall in love with me."

                    ***************************************

a/n: It has been too long, I know. Hope you aren't mad, I am so busy with these stories. Hope you enjoyed. Peace :3