Eleven

School was probably the hardest part of Dan and Phil's 'relationship'.

  They had to be extremely cautious not to touch each other too inappropriately, and they were careful about the things they said to each other around people. They just couldn't risk being caught, or at least, Dan couldn't risk it. He could see that it frustrated Phil, that they had to retain themselves in public like that, but he just wasn't ready for anyone to know yet. He didn't want to put their relationship at risk by doing so.

  But it seemed like it wouldn't last too long anyway. They were constantly arguing with each other about the situation, and even though they always made after a while, it as still tense.

  Dan didn't even know what he was doing anymore. He knew that he had feelings, serious feelings, for Phil, but at the same time, he didn't think what they were doing was good. And yeah, the blame was mostly on him for always messing things up, but Phil always being on his ass about it wasn't doing any good either. That's how most of their arguments got started.

  Their constant annoyance with each other was also keeping them from working on their project; they were always too irritated to actually get any work done. And the presentation was today.

  "What the hell are we supposed to say?" Phil said, sighing in frustration. They were both walking down the hall, towards their English class, debating on what they were supposed to do.

  "I don't know. Say what you want, you seem to be the expert on this stupid play." Dan said, glaring ahead of him.

  "This isn't just my project, Dan, and you having an attitude isn't doing anything to help us right now."

  "I don't have an attitiude." Dan snapped. Phil suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him to a stop in the middle of the hallway. 

  "Look, I know you're pissed off or something, whether it's at me or at us. But you seriously need to stop acting like a little kid. You can throw your tantrum later, okay? Because right now, we need to focus on getting a good grade on this stupid project. So for the love of all things holy, stop being a baby, keep your personal issues to yourself, and help me."

  Dan looked at the floor, and was ashamed to feel that tears were welling up in his eyes. He tried to blink them away, but all that did was make them start to all slowly down his cheeks. "I'm sorry." He whispered, and he heard Phil sigh softly.

  "I would hug you right now...but I don't know if you would like that."

  "I don't really care right now." Dan said, before throwing himself at Phil, wrapping his arms around his waist.  He felt Phil do the same, and he buried his head into Phil's neck.

  And nothing happened. The hallway was pretty crowded with other students, but they didn't seem to pay the two boys any mind. Dan couldn't exactly see them, but he didn't hear them either. And God, did it feel so good, just to be able to touch Phil after being deprived of it. Not having to hold himself back, and being so needy for it. He was addicted to it, to any kind of contact their skin made, and every time they hugged, kissed, touched, he only wanted more. Especially right now.

  He didn't know why, but just touching Phil like this was making him....painfully aware of the things they could do. And he was embarrassed to find that he was aroused by that.

  "That wasn't so bad, was it?" Phil whispered in his ear, and Dan shivered at the feel of his warm breath across his skin. He could feel everything, Phil's breathing against his ear and neck, his arms around his back, their hips just barely touching. His body so desperately wanted more, more skin, more touching, more movement. His breathing was picking up, and he wouldn't be surprised if Phil could feel his heart beating rapidly in his chest. "Are you okay, Dan? You're really warm." Phil asked, and he pulled back slightly to look at Dan's face.