Thirteen

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

  "One hundred percent sure, Phil." Dan said, rolling his eyes.

  They were standing in the boys bathroom at school, early in the morning, and Dan had decided That today was the day he was going  to let everyone know about him and Phil. But Phil was worried now, about what, Dan didn't know. Maybe he thought people would judge them too harshly, but Dan didn't really care about anyone who disapproved of them.

  "I mean, you can still wait. Just because we...did what we did last night, doesn't mean you have to any further." Phil said. Dan blushed slightly when he heard Phil mention the things they had done last night, but sighed and shook his head.

  "I'm not doing it because I feel like I have to, I really want to."

  Phil reluctantly agreed, even though he still looked doubtful. Dan thought it was cute how the boy was always worried about him.

  Just then, the bell rang loudly, announcing the start of lessons. Dan and Phil looked at each other, before twining their hands together and walking out into the crowded hallway.

                                  ****************************************************************

  Everything finally seemed to be going right in Dan's life. Or at least enough to be happy.

  Him and Phil were okay. They weren't too harshly judged by any of the other students, and if someone did happen to call them out, there was always someone, if not Phil himself, who stood up for them. There was less stress, which meant a lot less arguing and much more time for just them. And they spent that time wisely. And to top it all off, they had gotten a pretty good grade on their English project, one of the highest in the class.

  The only thing that got in the middle of their relationship, and it was a small thing, was the issue about Phil saying 'I love you', and Dan never replying.

  Dan was ever persistent in his disbelief in love. Even after all the things he had been put through, the arguing, the making up, and his strong feelings, he was still doubtful about being in love with Phil. It was like some permanent crutch in his mind, that held him back from being convinced that he was, and he had honestly tried to make himself feel it, but to no avail. And he could see that it was bothering Phil, no matter what kind of front he always put up about it.

  But they never dwelled too long on the subject, cause doing so would only bring about more tension and fighting between them.

  It was maybe two or three weeks after they had gone official, which was, in all of Dan's few relationships, around the time he gave up. But with Phil, he had no such urges, and he knew that they would last quite a while. At least he hoped. Because it wasn't technically him that had to end their relationship. If need be, Phil could be the one who gave up on him. But Dan didn't think he would really do something like that, he was one of those sappy kind of boyfriends, who would probably do anything to make them last. 

  One thing that sort of worried Dan sometimes was the fact that his parents didn't know about Phil yet, and probably didn't even know about how he swung for both teams. He was almost sure they wouldn't give a damn, since they weren't there too often to even cause him any trouble, but he'd never really heard their views on the homosexual community, so there was really no way to tell.

  But besides all those trivial things, Dan couldn't be anymore satisfied.

  And so it should have been no surprise that, of course, everything would fall to Hell.

                                               *********************************************

  a/n: What's up my faithful bitches? Sorry, I'm being rude...

This is just kind of a filler chapter, and some of you might be thinking it's almost over, but oh no. Shit is just getting started. It's about to go down....as soon as I get some ideas. Suggestions are welcomed....

  And it's short, I know, but it won't always be like this, don't fear.

  Hope you enjoyed this installment. Peace :3