Chapter 4

" Pffffffft "
I jolt up. Wtf was that sound. I sit up and
I turn to see Froy taking my long curly hair out of his mouth. Gross.

" Gah, it went down my throat. "  He coughs a couple times and also sits up.

I can't contain my laughter and he can't either.

" Oh my gosh that's the best way to wake up. "

" What time is it? " Froy said stretching his arms over his head. I tried not to stare at his muscles

" um, " I checked my phone " 9:30 "

" what! " He looks at me in a panic.

" I missed my first class.. "

" Damn that sucks " I say to him not really knowing what to say.

It's getting more normal to wake up to someone.

" So when's ours date " I look up at Froy. And I raised an eye brow and smiled.

He pauses and I see his arms tense.
" You still want to go on that?"
" Yeah totally.. don't you?
" Yes! Okay, how does tonight sound? "
" I work tonight. "
" Tomorrow? "
" sounds good "
He smiles and I do the same.
He starts walking towards me and I feel my heart rate speed up. He cups his hand on my cheeks and presses his lips to mine.

I respond by pressing them harder. He smiled against my lips and we broke apart.

" Oh yeah and Jane? "
" yes.. " I say out of breath
" your shirt is see threw "
He leaves the room and closes the door.

I looked down in panic and see my shirt is thick and black.. what a goober.

" LIAR! " I shout I hear him laugh from the other room.

As I'm looking in the closet I hear my phone get a notification.
Messages: 1 | Cody from Dutch bros| Hey! |

I smile at my phone and text back with
" Hey man what up? "
" I was wondering if you wanted to maybe hangout? "
" Yeah, when are you thinking? "
" maybe after work tonight? If your not busy I mean we could always reschedule. "
" No, no tonight sounds great. "
" okay. "
"Awesome! Text ya laters? "
" okie dokies " I say.

Cody seems like a really good person I can trust. I don't think I want to be in a relationship with him. But I look up to him right now kinda like a brother.

A knock comes sharp at my door.
" Come I- " I get cut off
" Jane we need to go to the hospital now Angels been hit! " Froy has sheer panic written across his face.

" What! " I'm frozen still.
" Come on! No time to waist! " I see tears threatening to fall down his fire red cheeks.

I grab my phone and wallet and run down stairs with Froy and we jump in his car.

" Oh my god " is all I manage to peep out.

We arrive at the hospital and I see Kelly sitting in the waiting room crying.
" Kelly!? Kelly what happened? "
She sobs. " We we're w-walking out of class and Angel and me were at a cross walk and we ran across because the light just turned green. And angel tripped when a semi came and ran him over. " her words were hard to hear yet we made them make sense.

" My brothers been hit " Froy falls into the chair and sobs into his hands.
My heart shatters at the sight of it so I wrap my arm around his neck and pull him into a warm hug. He grabs onto me and very quietly cry's.

We sit in a comforting position hugging each other and supporting each other for a half an hour.

I wipe a tear off Froys face and kiss his cheek. I see a small smile appear on his pretty face.

A older looking man in a gray button up and pure white lab coat walks into the waiting room.

We all stand up.

" Is Angel Clem going to be okay? " I ask

He hold up his hand as a way to say wait I'm getting to that.

" Angel suffered a hard hit to the frontal lobe of his brain. There's a possibility he will survive this. But the chances are very slim now. We just did a C.A.T. Scan an we do see a brain bleed and this is very serious. You see the frontal lobe of your brain controls emotions, problem solving, memory, language, and even sexual behaviors and can affect sexual interaction for intercourse. He isn't awake now but If you would like you 3 could come visit Angel while he's resting. We're hoping for the best.

He walks away.

We walk to his assigned room and the door is wide open.

I stay behind Froy, I'm to scared to see what I'll see.

Froy and Kelly both gasp.
I move so I can see. Angel is laying on a plain white bed with tubes tape and stitches covering his entire body.

" Oh Angel.. " I start tearing up.

Around his eyes are purple and yellow and his bottom lip is split in many ways. There's a tube going between his legs. And a part of his beautiful golden hair is shaved off from surgery.

We all sit and cry for the rest of the day, ignoring my phone I turned it off, forgetting about my plans with Cody, forgetting my class at the end of the day, forgetting my job.

Angel is so much more important in this scenario.