It Started With A Crash

About a girl whos mother died, her step dad ran off and she's left fighting for her life and brother. A while later her real father who she's never met in her life decides to step in and Leanne and Thomas are forced to live the guy or face having to get split up in an orphanage.

Chapter 1

‘Leanne Summers clean up your bedroom right now!’ Todd glowers.

‘Leave me alone!’ I yelled annoyed, turning to ignore him as he glared at me, and continuing to cut my apple in halves.

‘Don't ignore me child,’ he says, voice angry and low.

‘Don't tell me what to do,’ I retort, apple in 8 halves now.

‘I’m older than you and your father, how many times do I have to tell you to show some respect.’ He hisses moving behind the counter so he could see me.

I look up and chuck the knife in the sink, ‘step father actually; not even that since you’re not even married to my mother.’ I say ignoring the flash of hurt in his eyes which he quickly covers up with a glare. Before he could get another word in or I could get in any more trouble than I already was I grab the pieces of apple wrapped in a tissue and walk fast and swiftly to my room down a corridor.

‘It better be clean before your mother comes home!’ he yells after me before slamming the front door shut just as I slam my own bedroom door closed.

I mutter swear words as I plunk into my comfortable and cushy computer chair that spun and rolled about, so big for me that I could cross my legs and still have room. I slept in it a few times too before.

My phone rings. Mum. I growl and answer it.

‘Hello?’

‘Anna!’ my 9 year old little brother says excitedly immediately bringing me from a crap mood to a good one.

I grin, ‘hey there little one, how did practice go?’

He giggles then, and I could practically see him covering his mouth to stifle it so as not to disturb mum as she drove. ‘It was good, but I accidently tripped someone over.’

I laugh a little, ‘accidently?’ I accuse.

He giggles again, ‘well…’

‘Tommy!’ I squeal causing him to laugh more. ‘You better tell me when you get home or will I have to force it out of you?’ I threaten playfully, planning on an extreme tickle attack.

He gasps feigning fear, ‘noooooooooooooooooooooo!’

‘Thomas,’ I hear mum warn from somewhere. ‘Sorry mummy.’ He says more quietly.

I smile just thinking of the two in the car and how they’re most likely almost home by now, ‘okay little one, I’ll see you at home. And I expect the full story of today or else!’

He giggles, ‘okie dokie. See you later.’

I hang up with a grin before finishing off my apple and homework, putting it all away and logging onto Facebook.

‘Hmm let’s see… Ooh and inbox!’ I open it and find it was my best friend Charlotte.

‘There's a party on Saturday… blah blah blah… 9 o'clock… Chelsea’s… okay I’ll go.’  

I hear the front door opening and my little brother screaming my name, his loud steps running toward the corridor and my room.

Sounds good, see ya tomorrow and we’ll talk about clothes! Haha.