the pact | epilogue.

THE WASHINGTON POST

Watch Bryce Harper's overjoyed reaction to seeing his bride on their wedding day

June 17, 2018

Bryce Harper married his longtime girlfriend Cassandra Davis in San Diego last month and the happy couple has posted several photos of the festivities on Instagram over the last three weeks. On Wednesday, Harper shared a video from his wedding day, which includes the Nationals outfielder's overjoyed reaction to seeing Davis in her white dress for the first time:

 On Wednesday, Harper shared a video from his wedding day, which includes the Nationals outfielder's overjoyed reaction to seeing Davis in her white dress for the first time:

We're not crying, you are.

Davis and Harper grew up as childhood friends, often attending each other's sporting events in middle school. While media speculation had long swirled about the nature of their adulthood relationship, Harper always took the time to ask that Davis' privacy be respected, and that they were just buddies.

If those wedding bells are any indication, something changed.

"It's one of those things where you're like, 'okay, every time something happens, it leads me back to this person.'" Davis said after she and Harper's engagement in March. "We threw caution to the wind, and I'm really happy about that."

With the Nationals' 2018 season now at full throttle, and the Nats sitting third in the NL East, Harper is practically a guarantee to participate in the Home Run Derby which is in D.C. this year, the first in Nationals Park and for the current iteration of its team.

"I'm really excited for an opportunity to play," Harper said after practice Monday. "but I'm more focused on getting us back to the playoffs. We've got a great chance this year."

When asked how married life is fairing, Harper couldn't hide his wide smile—or his flushed cheeks. "It's a great feeling, really great. I don't know if I've ever been this happy before."

©2018

»»»»

Bryce

"Nooo. Don't go." Cass mumbled groggily into my chest, tightening the grip she had on my waist. "Just tell the team you can't play tonight, they'll never notice you're not in the starting lineup."

I chuckled deeply, rolling over and pressing my mouth to hers. "You know I can't do that, babe. As much as I'd love to, we're trying to make a playoff run here."

She groaned, and then grabbed a pillow and hit my face with it. "You're no fun."

"I'll make it up to you this weekend, love, I promise." I peeled back the blankets that had been covering us and stretched my back, shaking away the fatigue left over from last night's sleep. "What time is it, anyway?"