forty two - imagine

(rainy days are my fav so here's another rainy day imagine, enjoy <3)

The drops of the rain splash against the window as I lie in bed alone, staring out the window. The ticking of my clock remains the only sound through the room. I hear soft weeping from outside, instantly making my heart pound in fear. I jump up and run to the entrance of my apartment, opening the door revealing a small puppy with wet hair.

"Oh my gosh" I whisper. Looking over my shoulder, I shout to b/f. "B/f! Come here now it's urgent". He runs to the hallway, almost crashing into the wall whilst at it. "What is it- oh my gosh" he stops in his track. "Should I take it inside?" I look to him. "Yeah, he doesn't have a collar so we might as well care for it" he smiles. I nod and bend down to the puppy, picking it up and keeping it's shivering body close to my chest for warmth.

"I'll go give it a shower real quick, close the door" I kiss b/f and head to the tub to wash the pup. Once I finished, dried it off with a towel and carried her to my boyfriend who was watching netflix on the couch. "Look how cute she is" I pout. "She?" he perks an eyebrow. "Lucky guess" I giggle. 

The dog jumps from my hand and runs to b/f. He picks her up and cuddles her. I go and sit next to b/f and the puppy comes running back to me, sitting on my lap. "Hi baby" I play with her fur and then go to cuddle b/f. 

"my princesses" he kisses my forehead as the pitter patter of the rain continue to fill our ears.