Epilogue

Third Person P.O.V.

'Tonight, I have some very special guests on my show. It's been a very long time since I've been able to give this introduction and I'm very happy to be able to give it. Two superb actors and amazing dancers. They're Students no more- ' Karan is interrupted in the middle of his introduction by a young voice coming from the sofa across from him.

'Hold on a second.' The camera pans across from the show host to focus on a boy with messy dark brown hair, bright eyes and a careless smirk that could leave no-one in doubt of who his parents are. 'Is this really how you're going to introduce them Karan Uncle?' the boy asks, raising an eyebrow.

'Is there something wrong with my introduction?' the man questions, acting affronted.

'Well no, but Students no more... I mean, how many times have you used that one before?' the kid queries, sitting himself up on the sofa now, clearly enjoying the banter.

'I've been doing this for more years than you've been talking but okay, if you think you can do better, go ahead.' Karan challenges. The kid grins and stands, taking the challenge.

'He went from student to principal, she from the overlooked token actress to the niche actor to the wildcard actor – nobody can ever predict her next film, not even her. Amazing actors, brilliant dancers but most importantly, the best parents a kid could ask for. Varun and Alia Bhatt-Dhawan: my mum and dad!' Raghu announces. Karan gives him an appraising look, apparently rather pleased by his words.

'Gotta hand it to you kid, that was impressive.' the host acknowledges, standing up as Varun and Alia come through the corridor that leads to the set. Karan begins to laugh as he sees the almost two-year-old child on the actor's hip. 'Is Kaira joining us this evening?' the director asks, moving over to hug his two students – as he still calls them – and then picking the child from her dad's arms.

'Kara' unc'e.' the girl laughs, giving him a hug.

'So, are all the Bhatt-Dhawans joining us this evening?' Karan questions, bouncing the small girl as he speaks. Raghu shakes his head and moves forwards to take his little sister from his uncle's arms.

'I'm pretty sure I'd get bored sitting around and listening to grown up talk.' he states, setting Kaira on her own two feet and holding her hand. 'I just came to do the intro.' Varun reaches out a hand to ruffle his hair and the boy allows it; had anyone else attempted to gesture, he would've ducked away but when his dad does it, he simply allows it. And then, with a cheeky grin that's practically his trademark, he gives his mum a quick hug and heads for the corridor his parents had come from, helping Kaira toddle along with him.

'Well then,' Karan says with a chuckle; 'why don't you two take a seat?' The two actors do just that, settling themselves on the sofa as Karan retakes his seat in the armchair. 'So, it's been a long time since I've had you two here. Fifteen years I think.' They both nod, waiting for a question. 'Why don't you talk us through it? What's happened in the past decade and a half? Or, you know, before you met again?'

The two actors exchange a look before turning back to the talk show host, amusement clearly written on their faces. 'I'm guessing you'd prefer the short version.' Alia laughs.

'Well if I ask you for the long version we might be here all week so the short one will have to do.' he says, motioning for them to tell the story.

'I don't think there's much for meto tell really.' the girl muses. 'People know pretty much everything that happened. Raghu, films... yeah, that's it.'

'Okay, so Varun, why don't you tell us. I mean, if we go back to 2018 you were still acting, had a great line up, two amazing releases that year. Height of your career, people were saying you'd be the next superstar – and in fact, some thought you were already there.' Varun nods, preparing himself for the question he knows is coming. 'Everything seemed to be going your way and then, overnight you were gone. Nobody saw you go, no-one knew where you'd gone. What happened?'