-This Is My New Beginning; Chapter 5.

I forgot to mention, today was the last day of school for summer. This made it a million times more boring. The teachers just talked about how good of kids we were the whole time.

I sat in class waiting for the bell to ring. I wanted to get out of here. I couldn't sit in this school much longer. If I did, I'm pretty sure my head would've exploded.

I daydreamed until class was over. I daydreamed about dad's face when he hit Elena because she didn't tell him where I was. I daydreamed about my night with Harry under the stars. Swimming with the dolphins. Getting away from the evil person, I call dad. Where I will go with El, when I figure out when we're going to leave.

That's when the bell woke me from my thoughts. I shot out of my chair, like every other student in my class. I had already cleaned out my locker, so I grabbed my completely full backpack, and headed out the door to meet Elena. We sat outside until I saw Harry's car pull up. I hopped in the front seat, and couldn't help but get butterflies. I looked over at Harry and he was wearing a grey beanie and some sunglasses.

"Nice disguise." I giggled.

"Hey now, be nice." Harry said looking back at Elena. "How was your day?" He asked her.

"It was good!" She responded.

"That's good!" He replied.

We sat in the parking lot, deciding what to do next. I knew the one thing I needed to do. And I was going to do it.

"Harry, I need to go home. I need to face the devil that lives in that house." I mentioned as I looked nervously at Elena. "You should probably come with. I'll take the blows this time."

If there was one thing I was not afraid to do, it was take blows instead of watching my sister take the blows to the face.

"Harry, would you mind just dropping us off at home?" I asked, biting my lip; not sure if I was doing the right thing.

"Alright hun, but I don't think it's a good idea to go back there."

"I need to face my fears." I replied.

The car ride was silent.

----

I walked in the door, shaking. I knew what was coming. I shooed Elena to go away, and to go to her room. As El was headed upstairs, I heard the basement stairs creaking, and I knew what was coming.

He walked straight up to me, looked me straight in the eyes, and socked me in the eye.

"Where were you last night, and why were you not home?"

"Uhm.. I was staying at Paeton's." I hesitated.

All of a sudden, I felt my body clatter to the ground. I felt a sharp pain in my hip as it was the first thing to hit the floor. The next thing I knew, I was being kicked in the stomach.

"You're such a worthless piece of shit. Get up, and go make me dinner. While you're at it, go wash your nasty ass face. Just kidding. Nothing you do to clean your face would make it look better."

He laughed at himself, and went back downstairs. I limped into the kitchen, in complete pain. I threw a pizza in the oven. I took an ice pack out from the freezer and held it on my hip. As I waiting for the pizza to finish cooking, I took out my phone. I looked and saw that I had a text from Harry.

"Hey babe, are you alright? Did he hurt you?" He asked. I could hear the concern through the text.

"No, I'm fine. He didn't touch me." I lied in response.

I took the pizza out of the oven, and placed it on the counter. After that, I went straight to my room. I lifted up my shirt to see that I had new formed bruises. One right on my hip bone, and the other on my tanned stomach. Sweet. No bikini's this summer.