Chapter 15

Elena and Luca were already a week into school and so far, they were both happy with it. They were happy with their lives in general. Elena loved learning how to properly furnish a home and Luca was learning how to run a successful business. Everything was going great until a certain someone spotted Elena walking hand in hand on the streets.

"Do you want to go get McDonald's or something?" Luca asked as he then brought their intertwined hands up to his mouth so he could kiss the back of Elena's hand.

"Ooohh! Their fries sound really good! Yes please!" Elena replied as she tugged Luca along. He let out a laugh as his girlfriend happily pulled him along.

Elena turned around and glanced back at Luca who had a smile on his face. When Elena turned around, she collided with a hard object. She steadied herself but it was too late. Someone's arm was already wrapped around Elena's waist, keeping her from falling to the ground.

Elena glanced up at the person's face and in that moment, her heart stopped. Elena froze but not before squirming out of that person's hold.

"Hi." Jared said quietly as he eyeballed Luca.

"Um hi?" Elena replied in confusion. She knew exactly who she was talking to but she didn't want to acknowledge him at all.

"Come on, let's go." Luca spoke before wrapping his arms around Elena's waist and lightly tugging her along. Before they could get too far, Jared whipped around and grabbed onto Elena's forearm. Elena turned around and there were two emotions present on her face. Sadness and fear.

"Elena-" Jared started but didn't finish as Luca cut him off.

"Take your hand off of my girlfriend!" Luca commanded in a deep and protective voice. Jared glared at him before slowly releasing Elena's arm.

Elena and Luca hurried away from Jared and neither of them looked back but Jared continued to watch as the women he fell in love with, held hands with another man.

Once Elena and Luca got back to the apartment after eating, Luca crossed his arms and stared at Elena.

"What?" Elena asked and shrugged her shoulders.

"Who was he?"

"Who?" Elena asked as she played dumb but she knew exactly who Luca was talking about.

"That guy! The guy who couldn't seem to stop staring at you! The guy who grabbed onto you like he knew you!" Luca snapped.

Elena looked down at her shoes and fiddled with her fingers before glancing up at Luca.

"He's my ex." Elena stated plainly.

Luca scoffed before letting out a groan.

"He doesn't seem like an ex. In fact, he seems like he still likes you." Luca added.

"He doesn't. I think. When I came back to Orlando after meeting my father, we broke up. I'd met him here on my first day and we hooked up. He acted like he loved me but he didn't. I was just a score to him. We got into an argument and he told me to leave New York City and never come back. And so I promised myself that I never would but then I got accepted to NYU and I had no choice!" Elena explained with pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry I lied to you but he's in my past now! I never wanted to think about him ever again and I haven't! Not until today!"

Luca stared at her as if deciding whether or not he should believe her.

"So you hooked up with a guy you barely knew but you didn't want to have sex with me even though we had been dating for over a year? Please explain your logic there Elena!" Luca snapped.

Elena's face fell and she knew she was going to regret ever having anything to do with Jared.

"I don't know. I guess I thought it was real. He told me he loved me and that he always would love me. I fell for his charms and even though I wasn't exactly ready yet, I thought I wasn't making a mistake. I thought I loved him." Elena sneered as she stared down at her hands.

Luca scoffed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry Luca! I really am! I want us to go to college and live our lives together! I promise you that Jared is in the past and that the whole situation is in the past! We are together and that's all that matters! Please, Luca!" Elena pleaded as she suddenly was now in front of him, gently squeezing his hand.

"I just... I don't know. I believe you but he still looks like he's in love with you. I swear if he comes around here Elena, we're done. I'm not going to compete with an old flame." Luca warned. Elena smiled and slammed her lips against his.

"I promise you that he won't ever come around here again. If he does, I will tell him to leave. I swear, I love you and only you!" Elena murmured after she pulled away from Luca's lips.

"I hope so." Luca murmured back. Elena's heart started pounding inside of her chest as she realized that Jared would be coming around more often and that he would be trying to get her back. Elena wasn't lying when she said that she had no more feelings for Jared because she didn't. Over the rest of the summer, she had completely moved on. Realizations had come out. Luca was madly in love with her and Elena was too. Of course, at one point, she felt the same for Jared but after spending her entire summer with Luca, she had moved on. One thing was for sure though. If Jared is intent on winning Elena back, he will have to try really hard but whether or not he does that, sooner or later, Elena will fall for him again and someone will eventually get hurt but Elena had no idea who.