page 4

Utkarsh Wadhwan

Utkarsh Wadhwan

Your votes meant encouragement to me.

🔖0⃣4⃣

Page 04

Utkarsh locked the door silently and went near her side.

Monika shifted a little on the bed giving him someplace to sit near her.

" Wedding ceremony is like sitting on the thorne with all those rituals " Utkarsh said unbuttoning the collar of his sherwani taking breath of relief.

" Hmm " Monika hummed in response.

" You're looking breathtaking " he complimented her after taking the seat near to her.

" You're also looking good," she thought it's better to compliment him back which was the truth.

" Thank you" He smiled.

Monika returned his smile and started fiddling with the embroidery of her lengha. 'Ah why I am feeling nervous?' she thought. That's the scene which she think about in her mind so many times that she will say this and he will ask this but now she was just out of any word.

Utkarsh observed her from top to down, in so much of crowd he couldn't look at her properly at ceremony time. What's the sweet scent engulfing her? He looked at her hands and arms covered with mehandi designs. Then he held her hand fiddling with the embroidery of her lengha and rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand.

" Feeling shy? " He asked genuinely.

Monika nodded her head " a little "

" Wanna feel comfortable? " He asked holding her hand.

" Yeah," Monika told him awkwardly.

" Then let me help you " Utkarsh removed his hand from her and pulled her veil down which was nicely placed over her head.

Monika nervously touched her head and then her nathini while moving her hand down. " May I ? " Utkarsh asked her indicating her nathini.

Monika stayed silent and nodded her head nervously.

He removed her big nathini and also kept on the bed side table.

" Do you want to remove that heavy necklace also from your neck ?"
He asked her and she nodded again but helped herself to untie.
Utkarsh shifted near her and brushed his hand over her to help her necklace to untie.