2. More Misinterpretations

Narrator:
The team had begun to keep a closer eye on the two Paladins, but didn't really notice anything strange except Pidge would look a little pale sometimes.

Pidge kept telling the team that she was fine, and there was nothing to worry about, but Coran couldn't stop thinking about the object that Pidge was hiding when they came back from the Olkarion planet. Why was it? Why would she hide it in the first place? Was it a bad thing?

No Paladin could think of a reason why the two would hide something, because they couldn't think of anything they'd want to hide. Every time they'd ask they'd look at them weird and say no.
Later
Hunk: Guys! Dinner is ready!

Dinner went by pretty fast, Pidge an Keith were acting like usual but for some reason Pidge thought the food smelled weird.

Hunk: We always eat his stuff Pidge...

Shiro: Well it is space goo. Maybe you're just getting tired of the same thing?

Pidge: I guess...

Coran: Hey! Don't insult the space goo! But I'm sorry we don't have anything else for you to eat.

Allura: Sorry Coran, I respect how this stuff keeps me alive, but eating the same thing over and over again gets repetitive, I'll have to agree with Pidge...

Pidge: I don't know if it's the goo that's bugging me... maybe it's just my appetite...?

Allura: Not liking a food and not having an appetite are the same thing Pidge.

Pidge: Then I'm out of ideas.

Pidge took a couple bites of her food.

Pidge: It tastes fine, did someone add anything to the goo? It tastes a little different. Ouch!

Team: Pidge?

Pidge: Ugh, my stomach hurts...

Hunk: Oh wait actually, I added some sugar to the goo that I got at the space mall. I thought I could add something to the goo to make it taste a little better.

Keith: Well that explains it.

Pidge: S-sugar...?!

Pidge suddenly covered her mouth with her hand as he face turned green. Keith looked at her and seemed to know exactly what was going on with her. The rest of the team was listening to Hunk thinking that the sugar was what was bugging Pidge.

Shiro: Hunk did the sugar state any side effects? Or could make anybody sick or something? What were the ingredients?

Hunk: Not really any side effects from what I read, except that it triggers morning sickness and some people are allergic to it, but nobody here is having that so it's fine. I don't exactly remember the ingredients so I'll show you after dinner but-

Pidge suddenly got out of her chair and ran out of the room and Keith followed her which caught the teams attention.

Keith: Katie!

Coran: What the- Where are you going?!

Lance: Pidge?
The Next Day
Pidge skipped breakfast the next day and when she came out of the training room everyone was asking her if she was okay.

Pidge: Guys, I'm fine, really. I just accidentally left a robot on and that could have cut the power off.

The team looked at her.

Pidge: Seriously? You guys don't believe me?

Pidge led the group into her lab where they saw a robot that Pidge had to immediately shut off the previous night.

Team: Oooh.

Shiro: But how did you remember to turn it off?

Pidge: It was starting to cut the power, didn't you guys see the lights flickering?

Lance: Hey actually I did see that! That was the robot?!

Pidge: Yeah, I forgot to disconnect it with the castle and it needs a lot of power to charge it so that was my bad!

Allura: Pidge!

Pidge: What?! I forgot!

Allura: *sigh* At least we know that none of our Paladins are sick... as you were Paladins. And Pidge, for the love of Altea do not do that again.

Pidge: Yes, princess.

All of the Paladins separated and went back to what they were doing, Shiro took Keith aside to talk to him about something important leaving Pidge and Lance alone.

Lance: 'This is your chance. Tell her!'

Lance let out a sigh as he walked over to Pidge who was looking pale again, but he shrugged it off.

Lance: Pidge?

Pidge: Lance?

Lance: I need to talk to you about something.

Pidge: Yeah? What is i-?

Pidge was suddenly caught off guard by a pair of lips attaching to hers. Her eyes widened and her heart quickened, but not in a good way. Pidge shut her eyes right and started flailing her arms around until Lance pulled away.

Pidge: Uh-uh- w-what...?! Lance...?

Lance: I love you.

Pidge: What?

Lance: I love you. I have since I knew you at the Garrison.

Pidge backed away slightly.

Pidge: Lance I...-

Lance: Um... do you think we could, I dunno, hang out sometime?

The two stood their in utter silence. Pidge looked down at the floor in guilt and slowly shook her head.

Pidge: No... I'm sorry but no...

Lance looked at her for a moment before softly picking up her hand.

Lance: What do you mean? Why not?

Pidge: I can't... I just can't...

Pidge kept her gaze away from Lance feeling guilty for hurting him like that.

Pidge: I'm sorry...

Lance: N-no it's fine it's just... are you okay?

Pidge suddenly started clutching her stomach in pain and put a hand over her mouth as she was going to vomit with her face turning green like her lion.

Lance: Oh, I uh... I'll just go then?

Pidge: Nonono! Lance it's not you it's just-!

Pidge covered her mouth again and sprinted to the nearest trash can as Lance could hear her vomiting. After he first two times he started to get worried.

Pidge: Lance it's just a bug I'm fine...

Lance: You don't look like you're fine...

Pidge: I am, really. Don't worry... I'd only worry about yourself right now if I were you...

Lance: Oh, right...

Pidge: Look Lance I'm sorry...

Lance: No it's fine.

Lance walked off leaving Pidge with a guilted expression.

Pidge: I'm sorry...
Meanwhile
Keith: Shiro... I can't...

Shiro: Why not?

Keith: I just, can't... we'll talk later okay...?

Shiro nodded slowly and walked off.

Keith: I'm sorry...