3. Missions and Emotions

Narrator:
The four Paladins were silent to each other, a blend of awkwardness and emotion keeping them mute.

Allura: Why won't they speak to each other?

Coran: I'm not sure princess.

Pidge and Lance walked past each other without exchanging any words. However Pidge stopped and looked at Lance with a guilted expression. As much as Pidge and Keith felt horrible for breaking their friend's hearts like that, Pidge liked Lance as a friend and Keith loved Shiro as a brother.

Allura: Pidge? Is everything okay?

Pidge sighed.

Pidge: Lance, told me that he loved me last night... a-and asked me out...

Allura looked at Pidge.

Allura: And?

Pidge bit her lip not wanting to remember what happened.

Pidge: I-I said no... and he looked heartbroken... it, got worse, because it turns out I have a stomach bug... a-and I had to vomit and that seemed to hurt Lance even more, I feel horrible...

Allura: Pidge, that wasn't your fault... you should try to talk to him about it... is, that also why Keith and Shiro won't talk to each other...?

Pidge nodded.

Pidge: We both feel super bad about it... we didn't want to hurt them like that, we didn't know they felt that way, we didn't know what to do, and now all this is happening...

Allura: It's okay to feel like that, maybe you should both talk to them?

Pidge nodded.

Pidge: Okay...

Allura: And, you said something about a stomach bug?

Pidge: Well I think it's gone now... but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was still there... anyway thanks for the advice Allura...

Allura: No problem.
Later
The Paladins landed where the Galra ship had landed as Keith and Pidge rushed inside the team noticed Pidge getting more exhausted faster than usual. Keith seemed to be aware of what was going on, but he other Paladins shrugged it off and went deeper into the ship. Pidge and Keith ran past a Galra as Shiro flew to the front of the ship firing at drones.

~Keith: Shiro, how are you doing?

Shiro: I should be able to hold them off for a while. Go.
Meanwhile
Pidge: Lance, once this mission is over can we talk?

Lance looked at Pidge and then forward again.

Lance: Alright...

Pidge looked at him softly.

Pidge: Stay safe alright?

Lance nodded smiling lightly at her as they split up. Pidge was sneaking around to find the control room while Lance was trying to disable the warheads on the ship. Pidge felt like she was going to throw up again and put a hand over her mouth. She quickly snuck into a room and vomited four times, after she quickly got back to sneaking to the control room, and found it. She knocked out and tied up the person in the chair and put him in a nearby closet so nobody would hear him. She looked over the computer and snapped pictures of the Galra's plans. She then disabled the connection so nobody could communicate with Zarkon or any other ships for back up.

She then cut the lights out by accident and couldn't fix them.

Pidge: Oh quiznack...
Meanwhile
Keith was walking around making sure there aren't any Galra nearby. Keith was still trying to process what he had been told twelve days ago on the Olkarion planet, he was alone so he relaxed into his true form, with a lion like tail, fluffy cat ears, sharp teeth, claws though for Pidge's sake he'd file them so they wouldn't be so sharp, and glowing yellow eyes with grayish-blue irises in the middle (There are quite a few times in the show where Keith's eye color changes, and I think the grey-blue eyes fit him better so...). Though there was one or I guess he should say two, features that set off a red flag about his lineage, two Altean marks from his grandmother. He was secretly the grandson of Zarkon and Haggar, which for some reason, Pidge was fine with. In fact Pidge would insist on Keith going Galra every time they were alone together so his body wouldn't get so strained from being in his human form all the time. Suddenly the lights went out, he thought he'd get surprise attacked but realized he could see in the dark.

Keith: Oh right, Galra... wait, we might need to cut the mission a little short...

Keith walked around and found Pidge stumbling around. He snuck towards her and grabbed her hand.

Pidge: Woah-!

Keith: Pidge it's okay it's me...

Pidge let out a sigh of relief.

Keith: Did you get the information?

Pidge: Yeah. How can you even see it's pitch black?

Keith: Apparently Galra have night vision so we'll have to cut the mission short.

Pidge: Okay... where is everyone else...?

Keith: I'm not sure but, do you know what happened with the lights?

Pidge: Yeah I accidentally shut them off and I can't turn them back on...

Keith pressed a button on his helmet contacting the other Paladins.

Keith: Guys we'll have to cut the mission short, the Galra can see in the dark. Over.

~Hunk: Got it.

Keith gently rubbed Pidge's hand.

Keith: Just follow my lead okay?

Pidge nodded.

Pidge: Okay.

Keith led Pidge trough the long hallway before stopping. Hearing footsteps he wrapped his arms around Pidge and hid behind a pillar.

Pidge: Soldiers?

Keith: I think so...

Eventually they were gone to their relief. Keith got up and led Pidge over to her lion before spotting Hunk and Lance. Shiro was outside distracting the drones.

Keith: Go to Green, I'll get Hunk and Lance.

Pidge: Okay, be careful...

Keith: You be careful too...

Pidge nodded and walked into Green meeting up with Shiro. Keith grabbed Lance and Hunk.

Keith: It's just me.

Lance: What the heck mullet how can you see...?

Keith: Shouldn't we be getting to our lions now?

Keith led Lance over to Blue, then Hunk to Yellow. Then he independently snuck back to Red.