Out of Hands!

Life was now back to normal pace.

I woke up with a stance of trying to feel my old self. I had been through so much, much I wasn't even ready to face. Yet here I stood back to a normal pace I wished to see through life.

I was glad, I was back to my old self.

I picked up a casual pair of denim shorts and a casual sleeveless crop top. Indulging the new books inside my bag a ray lifted inside my heart. How it felt going to school with new books thinking that every year would be the same, dodging bullies, fighting anxiety. But now none of it felt legit.

It all felt surreal.

There was a guy waiting for me down in school, who loved me, who's promise ring I held and wore. There were friends alongside. Of course Fel and Connor would come around gradually as well.

I made my way downstairs and swept swiftly across on the dinner table.

Uncle Daniel and even Claire sat right next to him. She'd been more than usually accompanying him around.

I hugged and wished everyone a good morning and sat on the table grabbing some waffles to indulge in.

"Where did you go from your birthday the other night? I was busy yesterday didn't get the chance to ask.", Dad asked him coldly making my eyes jump out of sockets.

What the hell was I supposed to tell him? He never asked me any such thing.

"Umm... I went with Brandon.", Of course I couldn't lie, he must've known that's why he was asking.

"Where?", He interrogated again as I was about to bite the waffle into my mouth.

I rolled my eyes placing the fork down onto the plate, "To the beach... He gifted me a necklace and then we talked and he drove me back home.", I said through a small smile.

I had been bold enough to talk and come up with lies in an easier pace.

"Next time, be careful leaving the parties. There could be people asking for you. Besides it was your birthday party and people had come to see you.", He complained again with an authoritative voice.

Gosh... What has gotten inside him being so cranky.

"Sorry... I'll be careful.", I said trying to end the conversation.

"What are you wearing?", He asked as I chewed on the breakfast.

I raised my shoulders to show him the obvious.

"There not the kind of clothes I'll be allowing in my office.", He almost hissed taking me aback with his attitude.

I cocked an eyebrow at him turning my gaze upwards at Margaret who eyed dad in disbelief and shifting my gaze at Uncle who was shaking his head indelibly, like he had an idea about things.

"What does my clothes have to do with your office?", I finally asked.

"You'll be joining my office after school from today, everyday and cover up the rest of work you'll miss during your school hours on Saturday and Sundays.", He announced getting up adjusting his cufflinks. "Don't come to my office like that.", He finally announced leaving behind a confused me.

"What the hell happened to him?", I directly asked Uncle.

"Welcome to the cranky business men's young children tortured to death club.", He smiled hinting me my doom.

****************

I parked my car in the school's parking space and gave one final look at the suit jacket hanging backseat. Inside it the purple button down followed by a pair of black pencil skirt was hanging. It gave me rather chills how dad's behaviour was becoming aggressive towards me over time. I saw him change drastically since I came back from New York, it's like he didn't want me to come. But I guess it was his decision?