Prologue, May 24th 1982. Azkaban prison

The waters that surrounded Azkaban Prison could be heard slapping against the stone walls, debris was dossed around by the waves. Thunder sounded, a streak of lightning lighting up the sky.

Most of the prisoners were in an uneasy sleep, their snores louder than the thunder.

Every so often Dementors passed the cells, leaving the atmosphere cold.

In one of the further away cells, a woman with a wild mane of black tangled hair sat against the stone, her pale skin seemingly glowing in the darkness.

An infant lay before her on the ground, a little girl.

Bellatrix Lestrange had been told that she would feel some sort of motherly instinct, but she didn't feel any different than she did before. If anything, she was much worse.

She looked upon the child with a cool stare, she had just endured 7 hours of labor, but she had not screamed, she had felt worse pain then childbirth.

She had not expected nor intended to give birth to the child in prison, but her git of a husband messed up, and so, here she was, nearly a year after being captured, sitting on a flithy floor with her only child.

Ministry workers would be arriving soon to take the child away, they would not be giving the baby to Bellatrix's sister as she had requested.

They would not tell her what they would be doing, and so she was saving up her strength.

The child lay asleep on the floor in front of Bella, and the woman sighed through her nose.

"Lyra Lestrange." She whispered into the wind.

A name that would one day prove to be both a blessing, and a curse. As names held power, and if the wrong person receives that knowledge, it would not end well.

Urgent footsteps were making their way to the cell that held the insane woman, and she looked coolly at the guards and Minster of Magic.

The guards pointed their wands at Bellatrix and a smirk spread across her pale face, she did not attept to move as the cell was unlocked and the minster entered with two guards, ready to get him out of there should they have to.

Something flickered in Bellatrix's eyes as the minster picked up the bright pink infant, was it sadness she felt? No, that was not it. Was it outrage at the thought of her child possibility being given to mudbloods? Partly, but what she felt in that moment did not matter. Because she would get her child back, one day.

But not for herself, no, she would get Lyra back, the dark lord would return, and Lyra Lestrange would serve him.

Bellatrix would make sure of it.

The Minster and his guards left without a word, the cell once more locked, Bellatrix's eyes burning holes into the back of his skull, but something seemed off.

I thought she would have put up more of a fight, especially to escape. The Minster thought, but nonetheless, he left with the child, leaving Bellatrix Lestrange alone once again.

Bellatrix was planning something, the dark lord would return, and when he did, everyone who ever touched her daughter would pay, for Lyra was the daughter of the most loyal Death Eater.

Loyalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें