Chapter Six, The Daily Profit.

The sound of bubbling cauldrons and the chopping of the needed ingredients, filled the Potions classroom.

Elizabeth stood beside Rose, who was stirring their cauldron's contents around, impatiently waiting for them to vanish and change the color of the liquid.

Elizabeth meanwhile was entertaining herself by studying the many feather colors of her quill that lay on top of her school book, next to the cutting board.

Dropping her hand from where it had been previously holding her chin up,  she straightened and gave the dungeon room a quick once-over, seeing that Professor Snape was occupied in the front of the classroom, inspecting a  pair of Gryffindor girl's potion. Elizabeth briskly grasped her quill in her hand, she held it to her face, smoothing her fingers over the soft feathers, her eyes darted to the left, where Rose stood with her attention fixed on the bubbling cauldron.

A sly smirk slowly spread across the 4th year's face, holding back her laughter, Elizabeth reached forward with the quill and started to move Rose's chin length hair with the end of the pen.

Rose jumped in place and knocked into their cauldron, spilling its contents all over the stone floor and on the bottom of their robes and shoes.

Muffled laughter filled dungeon room as Gryffindor's and Slytherin's turned to look at the two girls in the back of the classroom.

Rose turned to shoot a glare in Elizabeth's direction as Professor Snape made his way towards them.

Professor Snape peered down at them, his nostrils flaring as he looked from them to the mess on the floor.
"10 points from Slytherin," his voice was his usual monotone, but his eyes eyes were aflame with a silent fury.

Both girls remained silent, Elizabeth's eyes were downcast as she did her best to hide her quill behind her clasped hands.

His eyes turned to Rose, they looked her up and down, seeing the that a good portion of the potion contents had spilled down the front of her robes"And Miss Thistle, do try not to make it a habit of yours to wear the Potions you are supposed to be brewing. " With a wave of his wand, the spilled potion on the floor and the remains in the cauldron, vanished, then he turned and walked away.

Rose clenched her jaw and bit her tongue, glaring daggers at the back of Snape's head as he walked back to the front of the classroom.

"I'm sorry!" Elizabeth whispered to Rose as she took deep calming breaths.

Rose, finally tearing her gaze away from the back of Snape's oily hair, turned to look at Elizabeth. Her eyes were cold, "you will pay for that." She seethed and Elizabeth swallowed.

Taking a step back as Rose took one forward, Elizabeth raised her arms up in defense, her quill still in her right hand.

Elizabeth didn't expect Rose to swiftly launch forward and pull the quill from her fingers, and she most certainly didn't expect Rose to begin to wiggle the feather quill in her face.

Elizabeth stood still, her eyes and mouth squeezed shut to avoid the feathers, strands of her hair fell into her face and she could hear Rose's silent laughter.

"Are you done?" Elizabeth asked quietly, Rose's response was to poke the feather quill into Elizabeth's mouth.

Pushing the pen away, Elizabeth opened her eyes as she lifted her hands to her face and began to try and get pieces of feather off her tongue.

Rose watched in amusement, not at all angry with her friend, not anymore as she saw that Elizabeth was certainly getting her karma back.

With a quick look over her left shoulder, Rose saw that Snape had settled at his desk and was looking at a sheet of paper, unaware of what the two mischief Makers were up to.