Chapter One, 14 years later.

Sweat covered Elizabeth Smith's pale skin as she lay in her bed asleep, her breathing was fast and she kept shifting, until finally she awoke.

As Elizabeth sat up with her elbows propped up behind her, she breathed deeply, but her lungs still felt like they were on fire.

Her eyes darted around the room, drying tears covered her cheeks, as she began to calm from her nightmare she glanced over at her alarm clock.

It was 9 o'clock in the morning, she only had two hours to prepare to set off to Kings Cross.

She groaned and flung herself back into her pillows, she pulled her quilt up to her chin and burried her face into her pillow.

She attepted to fall back to sleep, but it was at that moment that there was a knock on her door.

She pretended to be asleep as the door opened.

"I know you're awake, now, you better come down stairs and eat breakfast or you'll be late for the train." Elizabeth's mother said from the doorway.

Elizabeth opened one eye and sighed as her mother crossed the room, yanking the quilt off of Elizabeth, her mother took her hands in her own and heaved her daughter to her feet.

"Do I have to go?" Elizabeth asked as her mother ushered her out of her room and down the stairs.

"Yes, but I promise your father and I will send you letters and maybe even some sweets." Her mother said with a smile.

Elizabeth grinned and hugged her mother tightly, the two released one another and then Elizabeth sat down at the table.

She began to eat her bowl of cereal and drink her orange juice, when her father entered with the newspapers.

He placed a kiss to Elizabeth's head, and then took a seat next to her mother.

Elizabeth sipped her orange juice and looked at the window, she watched as a tawny owl landed on the windowsill, she began to stand up from her seat but her mother beat her to it.

Giving the owl a treat, her mother took the newspaper from it and walked back to the table.

She unfolded the daily profit and picked up her cup of coffee, Elizabeth watched concerned as her mother's eyes widened and she nearly spat coffee everywhere.

"Mum? Are you alright?" Elizabeth asked as her brows knitted together.

Her mother shook her head, and then turned the front of the paper towards her husband.

Elizabeth caught a quick look at the front page as her father took it from her mother.

The headline read: MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN

But before he could question why her parents acted the way they did, her father spoke up.

"Lizzy, why don't you go upstairs and get ready to leave?"

Elizabeth was about to protest, but with one look from her father, she was heading upstairs.

Something wasn't right, and she needed to find out what was going on, but as she glanced down at her watch, she saw it was 9:45 in the morning.

She had to get dressed and finish packing.

Elizabeth closed the door behind her, and crossed the room to her wardrobe.

Opening it up, she tapped her chin as she thought of what she wanted to wear.

Settling on grey tights, a swede skirt that came down to her knees and a power blue blouse, Elizabeth quickly got changed.

She pulled her wavey black hair into a ponytail, and quickly put sunscreen on her face, it was cloudy out and she knew she would regret it if she didn't take care of her skin.

She sat down on her knees, the wooden floor creaking beneath her, pushing herself under the bed.

She silently cursed herself as she realized her bag was at the very back against the wall, she crawled further under the bed and reached her hand out.

She cheered silently and and began to crawl backwards, only to bang the top of her head on the metal bedframe.

She paused, and then started crawling backwards once more, taking the bag with her.

She was relieved when she finally got out from beneath the bed, she rested her elbow on the bed, catching her breath, and then heaved herself up.

She shook the black duffle bag, causing dust to cloud the air,. She dropped the bag and began to sneeze.

Finally, she finished sneezing and picked up the bag, unzipping it, she went to her bookshelves and scoped her books into her arms.

She gently set them on her bed, realizeing she forgot to open up her trunk, quickly pulling open the trunk at the foot of her bed, she began to place the books in it, until it was almost full.

Going over to her wardrobe, she quickly all her clothes she had hanging up, and shoved them into her bag, doing the same with the contents of her dresser, she picked up the bag and set it into the trunk.

Her school supplies were already packed, thankfully.

She looked up at the clock on her dresser and saw she had an hour to get to Kings Cross.

Shutting the trunk, she quickly locked it and picked up her wand, placing it on her bed, she grabbed black lace her ballet flats and sat on the mattress.

Slipping them on, she lookeed around her room one last time, before she bent down and grabbed the handle of the trunk.

She picked up her wand in her other hand, and went to pull the trunk out of the room, only to find that it wouldn't budge.

She glanced at her wand, no one would know.

"Wingardium Leviosa." She whispered as she swished and flicked the wand, her trunk lifted off the floor, she smiled slightly and carefully levitated the trunk to her door.

She set it down and opened her bedroom door.

She froze, her father stood leaning against the wall outside her door, she smiled nervously.

Her father did not return the smile.

"Magic is not allowed outside of school, you only had a few more hours left and you would have gone another year without doing magic illegally." He said and crossed his arms.

Elizabeth looked to the ground, "I'm sorry."

"I know. Just, try not to do it again, alright? Unless it is absolutely necessary, I don't want you going to the Ministry of magic for breaking the law." Her father told her and pushed off the wall.

Elizabeth nodded and watched as her father picked up her trunk effortlessly.

"You're taking all of your books, really?" He asked her, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"What did you expect? You and mum got them for me, and I'm not around that often, I enjoy the comfort my books give me, so why not?" Elizabeth responded with a shrug.

"It's the same every year." Her dad laughed as the two walked down the stairs.

"And yet, you still keep asking me the same thing." Elizabeth grinned.

Her father shook his head, "let's get going, your mother is waiting for us at the station, she had to take care of something."

Elizabeth nodded and grabbed onto her father's arm, the two Apparated to Kings Cross.