Chapter Three: Cookies

Yes, I'm still alive, and I know it's been ages since I've updated any of my TVD fanfic. I'm trying, I really am. So, here's a little sweet treat (pun intended), hope you all enjoy this chapter :)  Also it's not edited so if there are any mistakes pls comment on it so that I can edit it. 

Hestia looked at the full length mirror with a small smile as she adjusted the floor length dress. The white dress had spaghetti straps, with multiple layers making it flow around her, and a black belt was placed on her waist showing off her figure.

"It's one of the most modest clothing a twenty-first century woman would wear," Marcel joked as he walked towards his adoptive mother. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you, little warrior," Hestia grinned as she turned to look at him, "now, let's go to the kitchen, I'll cook you a meal." Marcel smiled as he took her hand, leading her to the kitchen. When he was still a child, Hestia would always make him little treats, one of the many things he would always cherish from his childhood. Especially, the time she tried to teach him to make his favourite cookies.

1821

"Little warrior, come with me, I have a surprise for you," Hestia giggled as she took Marcel's hand and guided him towards the kitchen. When Klaus and her found Marcellus he was malnourished and had walls as high as the sky, he didn't trust anyone. However, after weeks of reading him stories, teaching him about literature, language, history, and baking him sweet treats, the boy finally trusted Hestia, and even looked at her as a mother.

"What are we doing here mama?" Marcel asked confused.

"I shall teach you how to make those cookies you love."

"But only women are supposing to cook and bake," Marcel said as he scrunched his nose.

"Marcellus! Who ever told you such a ridiculous thought?"

"It's true! Men must work and women must cook, I've been told by everyone," he explained.

"Now listen here my little warrior, you can be anything your heart desires, whether you are a men or women, or a vampire or human. Do not look at what you are not, but what you wish to be, and never let someone tell you what you can and cannot do. Do you understand Marcellus?" Hestia asked.

"Yes momma, will you teach me to bake those cookies now? I always feel guilty whenever I ask you to make them for me, so if I am able to make them myself I won't have to bother you" Marcel said sheepishly.

"Oh Marcel, don't you know the joy you bring whenever you ask me to bake those cookies?" Hestia laughed, "I love being able to make you happy, it's every mother's dream to see their child smile, at least I hope that's the case for most mothers," Hestia furrowed her brows before shaking her head, "you should know that no matter how small or big the request I will always help you, whether it's to make cookies, or even talk about girls," Hestia winked as Marcel gaped with embarrassment.

"Mom!" Marcel shrieked as his cheeks felt warm.

"I'm only joking, but if you do find interest in a girl and wish to court her, you must tell me, and I shall do everything in my power to make her fall in love with you. Because you deserve all the happiness the world has to offer," Hestia explained as she caressed Marcel's cheek.

"I love you momma."

"I love you too, my sweet boy."

Present time

"I missed this," Marcel grinned as he spoke with a mouthful of freshly baked cookies.

"Marcellus! Don't speak with your mouth full," Hestia scolded as she placed a few cookies in a Tupperware.

"Now, be a good boy and bring these to Davina, is it? The sweet girl who helped me, and tell her I said thank you, and that if she needs anything I will gladly help her."

"Of course, and mom, I have to head out today, so could you please just stay here? Don't leave the compound, I'll have Thierry and Diego look after you, they're in my inner circle and can be trusted. They'll teach you what you need to know about the modern world, and if anything happens tell them, okay?" Marcel asked.

"Very well, may I ask what you will be doing today?"

"An old friend showed up, I have to make sure he doesn't cause problems, so for the moment it's too dangerous for you to be outside, because he could hurt you."

"Very well, but you do know that I can take care of myself, right?"

"I just don't want anything bad to happen to you again, I won't be able to survive it."

"Marcellus, no matter where I am I will always be with you, whether I am once again asleep, or even dead, or if I'm in another country, or even in another room. I will always be with you, perhaps not always physically, but I will always be with you in spirit."

Hestia sat on her bed as she looked down on the phone that she held before she looked up at a grinning Thierry and Diego. The two vampire instantly took liking to Hestia, most likely due to her motherly nature, as she insisted that they had a cookie before they taught her of the 'modern world'.

"So people communicate by talking into bricks now?" Hestia scoffed, "absolutely ridiculous, what's so wrong with good old fashioned letters? Oh God," Hestia whispered as her face drained of colour, "please tell me that people still know how to write, goodness and the children!" Hestia gasped as she shook the head. Her outburst only made the two vampires laugh.

"Yes, humans still write. And the advancement in technology is great, because we ca now keep in touch with each other easily. For example, if you call Marcel you will be able to speak to him without him being in front of you." Diego explained.

"Goodness gracious Diego, I was in a coma in 1919, not the 1850! The concept of a phone is familiar to me, just not one that looks like this, and it can connect to this thing called a Wi-Fi, and it has 4G?" Hestia asked, unsure whether or not she said the right thing.

"Yes, now let's talk more about social media." Thierry said.

"Oh God."

When Marcel arrived back at the compound he wanted to break everything in his path, a few days ago he found out that Klaus was in town, and now Elijah and Rebekah. What's next, will Kol show up and cover New Orleans with blood? One thing is clear, he has to get more recruits, if the Mikaelsons were back in town, then Marcel would have to get more vampires to protect the city, and most importantly protect Hestia from them. After all, it was their father that hurt her in the first place.

"Little warrior?" Hestia's soft voiced echoed around the compound, and instantly Marcel was in her room.

"It's very late, I made you dinner but you weren't here, so I left it in the fridge," Hestia explained before yawing and rubbing her eyes, it was around midnight and she was already asleep by then, but she woke up just after Marcel arrived, a mother's sixth sense, she would say.

"I'm sorry mom, it was a very bust and stressful day."

"Don't tire yourself out too much, and if you need to talk I am here."

"I know, goodnight momma."

"Goodnight my little warrior, and sweet dreams."