Chapter Four: Fight Night

Standing in front of Marcel with her puppy eyes was Hestia. She wore a simple attire consisting of dark denim jeans, and a loose white blouse. 
"Marcellus, I am your mother for crying out loud!" Hestia snapped as she narrowed her eyes at him. 
"It's not safe for you to be outside," Marcel said as he rolled his eyes. Even though he knew that Hestia's energetic nature would persist her to explore the world outside the compound, he still wanted to stop her to the best of his abilities, because there's one thing he knew for sure. If Klaus were to ever set his eyes on her, Marcel will never be able to get Hestia back, and he will never let that happen. '

"What am I suppose to do here?" She asked with furrowed brows, Hestia didn't understand why Marcel insisted she stay inside. It's been days since she woke up, and all she saw was the four corners for the compound, and though the rustic, French theme of the house was aesthetically pleasing and made her nostalgic, she wanted to explore New Orleans, as a century is sure to change the French Quarter that Hestia came to love and call home. 

"Cook, paint, literally anything but go outside," Marcel told her with his signature smirk, causing the woman to unexpectedly slap his arm. 

"One more day!" Hestia said with narrow eyes as she pointed at him, "but I'm leaving tomorrow, and that's final, we both know you can't keep me in here," she hissed before turning around and making her way back into her room. 

"Fight Night is tonight," Diego said as he appeared besides Marcel, "what are we suppose to do with her?" Causing Marcel to sigh as he rubbed his forehead. 

"We need to keep her in her room, under no circumstances is she allowed to go out. She would probably have a heart attack when she sees the vampires fighting, and it would end up in me getting a lecture." 

---------------------------------------

Hestia was sitting on her bed as she read a poem, one of Klaus's favourite, 'A Poison Tree', by William Blake. When suddenly, she heard excited screams and Marcel yelling a speech. Curiously, she stood up after closing the book, and made her way towards the door, however when she opened it, Hestia was met with a grinning Diego. 

"You can't leave," the Vampire said. 

"Excuse me?" Hestia asked confused. 

"There's an event going on that Marcel doesn't want you involved in, so he wants you to stay in your room. So please, make my job easier and save me the risk of punishment by just staying in your room and not complaining," he explained, shocking the fiery haired girl. 

"Fine, leave me out of everything!" with a huff, Hestia went back to reading the poem. 

-------------------------------------

"Damn girl!" Marcel grinned as he saw Felicia defeat Otto, however the joy was short-lived when the vampire's neck was snapped by Klaus, causing a series of gasps to be let out by the crowd.

"Good evening, I'd like a word," Klaus said with a grin as Elijah walked towards him. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asked, he was beyond angry at what the two Originals just did, but he was more paranoid by the fact that Hestia was a door away from the two, and could so easily be found. 

"We've come here for the girl, give her to us, or we kill everyone here," Elijah threatened, causing Marcel to laugh. 

"You two got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands," Marcel said. 

"Your home, is it?" Klaus asked amused. 

"Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realised that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is, if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?" Marcel asked.