Chapter 10

A few hours later after Camila was bathed, dressed and ready for the day, Lauren decided it would be about time to go get her some toys.

The girl had been restless for the past hour or so, whining about the fact she no longer finding any interest in the tv or the paints Lauren had gotten out for her earlier, so to stop any impending tears or tantrums she knew would occur if she left her to whine, Lauren decided a trip to the mall would be sufficient enough to keep her entertained.

At least for now anyway.

After checking the girls diaper and helping her into her shoes, Lauren crouches down so she was eye level to a confused looking Camila, "we're gonna pop to the mall quickly, okay?" She explains, bringing her hand up to gently cup the girls still sore cheek.

Camila tilts her head to the side, leaning into the woman's touch, "Why?" She wonders softly, absentmindedly bringing her hand up to rest on her stomach as she feels it ache slightly.

The action goes unnoticed by Lauren as the woman smiles a teasing smirk, "You want some toys don't you?" She says, soothingly stroking the girls cheek for a second before standing up straight and holding out her hand.

Camila smiles widely and takes Lauren's hand, allowing herself to be led out of the door.

**

On the way to the mall, Camila started getting that funny feeling in her tummy again. She tried to ignore as she didn't want to cause any unnecessary fuss, but that was pretty hard for her to do as it was the all too familiar pain she normally got when she was about to throw up. Tentatively, she brings her hand up to her mouth, the bile in her mouth making it painfully obvious that she was about to lose her lunch any second now.

Sh gags almost silently, her eyes watering, but before she could stop herself or call out for Lauren to help her, she pukes. Everywhere. All down the front of her shirt, her leggings, and the floor and back seat of Lauren's car. She tried to cry out in pain, but that was stopped when she once again vomited, the substance one again ending up everywhere.

It burnt her throat and made tears fall down her cheeks.

At the sound, an alarmed Lauren almost immediately pulls the car to a stop and looks back. Her eyes widen when she see's the state of Camila. The youngster was sobbing almost silently, her hands still underneath her mouth holding her...puke.

Lovely.

"Oh, sweetheart" she coos to the sobbing girl, quickly unbuckling her seatbelt and getting out of the car. She takes a deep breath to mentally prepare herself before pulling the back door open, reaching in to unbuckle the girls seatbelt and gently easing her out of the car by the armpits.

"Shhh, it's okay baby, I've got you. You're okay" she attempts to sooth, quickly grabbing the baby wipes from the small changing bag she had packed. First and foremost as wipes the girls hands off, then moves onto her clothes. She tries her best to clean the girl up as much as she possibly could, but eventually, she decides that simply stripping her off would be easiest as the vomit wasn't budging.

"No! Everyone will see!" Camila sobs, trying to stop the woman from lifting her shirt despite how badly she wanted her soiled clothes off her body and away from her.

Gently cupping the girls cheeks with her hands, Lauren smiles softly, "baby, it's okay. I'm sure people have other things to worry about rather than watching us. And I have a blanket too, we can cover you up with that until we get you home and in the tub" she assures, trying to stop her own gags from making an appearance at the smell of the girl she was standing so close to.

Her poor car.

Camila tries to stop her sobs from escaping her lips as she nods her head, tears still quickly falling from her eyes staining her cheeks. Her tummy hurt, her head hurt, even her throat hurt. She just wanted snuggles.