Chapter Two: A New Friend?

Spongebob

I didn't want to go to work the next day. I couldn't possibly face Squidward after what he did and said. "Alright, girl, you got this," I murmured and got dressed. As usual, I put on a white blouse with a red ribbon tied around my neck.

I paired it with a tan skirt, white knee socks, and black dress shoes. "Goodbye, Gary!" I shouted, hearing a faint meow in the distance. Gary was one of the few who understood me, despite him being a snail.

I rushed out the door and ran in hopes of getting to work before Squidward.

'Hopefully he won't hit me today'

I walked into the kitchen and silently began flipping the burgers. I did my best to have as little interaction with Squidward as possible.
Thankfully, he didn't say much to me besides what I needed to cook. Otherwise, he just gave me hateful looks.

Work finally ended after many hours of flipping burgers and a few occasional insults from Squidward. When I was able to go home, I didn't hesitate to run out of that cursed restaurant.

"Oof!"

I accidentally ran into someone because of my stupid clumsy ways. At least that's what Squidward said was wrong with me. "Spongebob?!" I accidentally knocked Plankton over.

"Oh, sorry, Plankton."

His green locks swayed gently to the side and he tilted his head to the side. "Um, is everything okay?" His eyes filled with concern as he got up and dusted himself.

I'd never seen so much compassion in his eye before. "Yes, I'm just a little tired." He smiled sadly and ran a hand through his green hair. "Are you sure? I mean, we can talk over some chum if you'd like."

That stuff was absolutely revolting, but I agreed anyways. At least he was treating me nicely.

I spilled everything. I went into detail about Squidward and how much he hated me. "I honestly thought he had a thing for you," Plankton mumbled, shaking his head sadly.

"No," I sighed, twirling my spoon in the slime chum. "Anyways, I should get home. Thanks for the chum though."

As I left, I felt a little better knowing that Plankton had a caring side. I never thought he'd be the one to listen to me when I'm sad. Despite him trying to steal the secret formula, he was a very sweet guy.

Maybe we could have a lasting friendship this time.