one.

JUNO DEIMOS SAT against the stone wall of her cell, her head buried in her knees

JUNO DEIMOS SAT against the stone wall of her cell, her head buried in her knees. After about an hour of experimentation, she had discovered that the position in which she currently sat was the best for sulking, and, with no delay, had carried out the position's purpose, mentally berating herself for the display of stupidity that had landed her in the tiny cell. Of all the things of questionable legality that she had done throughout her life, she could not believe that lazy pickpocketing had been the thing to do her in. Whenever Juno wondered when the law would finally clamp it's icy hand on her shoulder and lock her up for good, she assumed it would be because of a crime much more severe than lifting a few credits off of a passerby.

Juno Deimos had been living on the desert planet Casi Antel for nearly a cycle, and the majority of the time that she had spent on the dustball had been quiet. The planet was located in the Outer Rim, and therefore appeared to be out of reach of both the First Order and the New Republic. It was the perfect place for Juno to hide out until she was able to get enough credits to purchase a ship that would have the capabilities to take her to the Unknown Regions- that is, until about a month ago, when First Order forces appeared.

When Juno first caught sight of the First Order's black and red emblem as transport ships descended from the sky, she was sure they had finally found her, that they would step onto the Casi Antel sand and declare her time of running at an end. Instead, the First Order set up shop on Casi Antel, utilizing the planet for it's prime location along trade routes, seemingly oblivious to her presence there.

Still, Juno knew she wouldn't be safe on a planet infested with First Order forces. She became desperate, stealing in order to earn enough to get a transport off planet, and in her desperation she become sloppy- thus, landing her in Jerru Prison.

"Stop that," a low hiss came from the cell next to her, and Juno lifted her head from her knees to find Mori, her cell neighbor, peering at her through the bars.

"Stop what?" she asked. Mori had already interrupted her several times, and she was beginning to grow tired of the strange, old man.

"Beating yourself up," he said.

"I am not," Juno said, furrowing her brows. Despite his eccentricity, the man was observant, and it made her uncomfortable to know that she was so easily read by a stranger.

"You are too hard on yourself, young Juno," Mori persisted, and Juno rolled her eyes.

"How would you know, Mori?" She challenged. "You've only known me for the hour I've been locked up in this stink hole."

Mori held up his hands in surrender. "Just trying to save you from some self-inflicted pain."

"I bathe in pain, Mori," Juno retorted, and returned to her sulking position. However, Mori's words had thrown off the great deal concentration she had placed into making herself miserable. Becoming restless, she stood up, pacing around the small cell that had been provided for her before coming to a stop at the locked door to her cell. Leaning against it, she sighed, hoping the sound would get the attention of stormtrooper that was guarding the chamber. To her disappointment, the trooper didn't give her any indication that he had heard her, and she tried again. She let out a louder sigh this time, allowing the release of air drag to out into a loud groan. Still, her sound of frustration failed to get her guards attention. For a third and final time, she exhaled deeply and loudly, and to her satisfaction, the trooper whipped around to face her.