eight.

JUNO, REY, AND FINN WERE CROUCHED BELOW DECK, struggling to see what was going on above them as they peered through the grate floors

JUNO, REY, AND FINN WERE CROUCHED BELOW DECK, struggling to see what was going on above them as they peered through the grate floors. Moments after the threesome had climbed through the hatch, the Guavian Death Gang had made their appearance, security soldiers flooding in through the circular door at the end of the corridor and fronted by their leader, Bala-Tik.

"Han Solo." Bala-Tik spoke the old man's name like an accusation. "You are a dead man."

"Bala-Tik," Han said, as if he were greeting an old friend. "What's the problem?"

The gang leader was not softened by his friendly tone. "The problem is we loaned you fifty thousand for this job."

From her place beneath the floor, alongside Rey and Finn, Juno couldn't see much of the exchange occurring— only getting occasional glimpses of each party as she listened to their voices echoing down below.

"Can you see them?" Rey whispered to her companions.

Finn shook his head. "No."

"Let's get closer," Juno suggested, and together the three fugitives clambered through the crawl space in the direction of the Guavian Death Gang. From above, the gang's confrontation with Han and Chewbacca continued.

"I heard you also borrowed fifty thousand from Kanjiklub," Bala-Tik accused.

Like the Guavian Death Gang, Juno had also encountered Kanjiklub during her stint as a smuggler, though they didn't make her as nervous as the Guavians did. Rather than possessing the advanced technology that made the Guavians so fearsome, Kanjiklubbers used makeshift weaponry to enforce and threaten, which somewhat evened the playing field when it came to conflict. Still, Kanjiklub wasn't to be messed with; their status as street fighters meant that they were wild and unpredictable, and often used dirty tactics to emerge victorious in a fight. Luckily, they didn't have to worry about Kanjiklub— they were the notorious rivals of the Guavian Death Gang, and wouldn't be caught dead in the same space as them.

"You know you can't trust those little freaks!" Han said, smartly playing on the dispute between the two criminal organizations. "How long've we known each other?"

Juno, Rey, and Finn came to a stop beneath the Guavians, and looked up at them through the grating.

"They have blasters," observed Rey.

"A lot of them," Finn concurred.

"Even if they didn't have blasters, those soldiers are living weapons," Juno said, eyeing the men that stood just above her. "They're cybernetically enhanced, and they inject themselves with chemicals that enhance their speed and aggression."

Finn look as though he might throw up. "That's terrifying."

The three fell silent, once again listening in on what was transpiring between Solo and Bala-Tik above.