Klaus X Reader Pt. 1

Klaus Baudelaire was not one to be taken as a joke. He didn't even think of himself as a funny person. He was a smart person. A strategic person. A serious person. But never had he thought of himself as a funny person. That's probably why he was so taken aback when he met you.

You were the kind of person who loved jokes. You loved everything about life. You were a naturally happy person. You grabbed the good moments in life and you held onto them. Your life was actually... A series of most fortunate events. You loved your life.

Klaus was out riding his bike one day. His sisters were home baking. He, for once, had time to himself. As much as he adored his sisters, he had always loved time to himself. Time to read, time to breathe, time to bike. He actually used to bike a lot before the Baudelaire fire that ruined their lives.

So, he was riding his bike around town. It was a perfectly normal bike ride... That was until he got distracted by a pretty/handsome stranger.

That split second he took to look at this stranger, he accidentally sped right into a garbage can. He crashed over it, his bike topping over onto its side. Klaus had just enough time to jump up before the bike collided with the trash, garbage flying everywhere.

You bursted into uncontrollable laughter, you could barely breathe!

"What exactly are you laughing at?" Klaus frowned at you, "Didn't you parents ever teach you that it's rude to laugh at people?"

"Sorry, sorry!" But you didn't sound very sorry, you kept laughing even through your apologies. Laughing until your face ached from your wide smile and your ribs hurt from the tool laughing took on your body.

"You don't seem very sorry," Klaus picked up his bike from the ground.

You tried to compose yourself, taking a deep breath as your laughter finally came to a halt, "I am sorry, I am! Bad first impression, I guess. I'm Y/N."

"Klaus Baudelaire." He bent down and started picking up the spilled trash from the streets. You rush to help him. He's really cute and fluffy. He seems like a soft boy. You mentally slap yourself for thinking in such a weird manner.

"So, uh... Klaus Baudelaire, you... bike here often?" Another mental slap.

"Uh... no. My sisters and I just moved here. I was just sort of getting the lay of the land. What about you? Do you live around here?"

"Yea," You grin as you carefully pick up shards of a broken glass bottle and moved it to the recycling bin. "The pink house."

"Oh. We live in the blue one," Klaus picked up the garbage can after filling everything back inside of it.

"Maybe I'll come visit you." You mentally slap yourself once more. You knew you were most likely coming on too strong but you didn't have a filter. You didn't know when to stop yourself from saying things, "Or... you know... not. Because we just met... heh."

"I would love if you came over sometime," Klaus smiled. "I might have a book in my library about proper ways to be polite during your first impression."

"Oh, shut up." You laughed, hitting his arm, playfully.

"No, but really. You should come over for lunch. My sisters are baking. Sunny is an amazing chef and Violet is an amazing inventor. I'm sure whatever they made is going to be delicious."

"I wouldn't want to impose," You tugged at your sleeve, awkwardly.

Klaus shook his head, "You wouldn't be. Please... come."

He seemed to really like you... or he might have been a murderer who wanted to lure you to his house and have his sisters cook you for dinner. Seemed plausible. "... Alright. I'm in!"

"Great!" Klaus grinned and set his bike back up on its wheels. "Let's go."

However, being the clutz he was, he accidentally ran over to bottom of your jean pants, covering the hem in the dirt and leftover garbage from the mess he had previously made, "Oh dear! I am so, so sorry."

"That's fine, don't worry." You smile as he pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and went to wipe off your pants. Your eyes flash with panic as you remember the tattoo on your left ankle. "Really! Don't worry about it! It's fine!"

He dropped the pant leg just before he would have seen the V.F.D eye, "Are you sure?"

"Yea, I'll just run home and change real quick... Thank you." You run off before he could get another word in.