Klaus X Reader Pt. 2

You mentally slap yourself as you walk into your house. How could you have let him almost see that!? That was the stupidest thing you could have done. You sighed in relief as you notice your parents aren't hope.You quickly run up the stairs to your room and changed your pants, trying to come up with an excuse to tell Klaus about why you had acted so weird. Something that did not involve the Volunteer Fire Department. However, before you can decide on one of a million bad excuses, your younger sister walks into your room. Your pain-in-the-ass little sister.

"What'cha doing?" The young girl asked, as she entered without knocking.

You roll your eyes in annoyance, "Going out."

"Tell me where, or I'm telling Mom!" Her red curls perfectly surrounded her round face. She wore a fluffy, pink dress and a tiara made of- most likely- real diamonds. She was adorable. But if being her older sister taught you anything, it was looks could most definitely be deceiving. Looks can be deceiving, a word which here means, 'just because she was cute did not mean she was a good person'. And she wasn't. You completely ignored the younger girl and grabbed your wallet. "Moooooom!"

"Mom isn't home, idiot," You expertly maneuvered around her and walked out of your room, grabbing your coat off of the hook as you went.

"Ug! How can you be so horrible to me when I am the most perfectest girl in the whole world!? I am so nice to you even though you are ugly and I don't know why Mom adopted you! She already had the most cutest, most smartest little girl!"

"I can easily be horrible to you because I loathe you. Bye, Spawn," You grin, leaving the house and your sister behind.

You walk from your house to the one where Klaus Baudelaire lived- the blue one. It was just a bit bigger than your house, but it looked super cozy compared to yours. Flowers in the garden. Bikes in the driveway. Toys on the patio. It looked like a place where someone would want to live, unlike her house. Her mother only decorated it with things she thought other people would like, which was not what you cared about at all.

So, you walk up the few steps and knock on the door. You are greeted by a young girl- a toddler, "Hi, there. Is Klaus home?"

"Yeet," She shut the door in your face. You stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do next. You were about to leave when the door opened again, revealing an older girl- just older than you and Klaus- she wore a purple dress and a purple ribbon in her hair with a while apron on over her clothes.

"Sorry about Sunny. She doesn't like strangers." The girl laughed, softly, opening the door, "Welcome to our home. I'm Violet."

"Y/N," You introduced and walked in as Violet moved aside for you.

"Klaus should be in the study. Lunch will be ready momentarily," Violet shut the door behind them and retreated back into the kitchen.

You followed the direction Violet had pointed towards that led to the study. Klaus was inside, sitting in a loveseat, reading a novel of some sort.

"Hello," You greeted with a small smile.

"Y/N! I didn't think you were coming," He stood up to greet you.

"Yea, sorry about that... I'm weird," You blushed, looking down at your shoes.

"That's alright. All of the best people are."

You smile and sat on the loveseat, "What are you reading?"

He sat back on next to you, moving a pillow from in between them, scooching closer to you, "The Book Thief. Have you read it?"

"Yes! It's one of my favorites!" You took the book from him and hugged it to your chest, "Mine now."

"Very well," He chuckled. He was about to say something else when the little girl from before, Sunny, walked into the study.

"Hemnplarc!" She screeched. It probably meant something around the lines of, 'Lunch is ready, lovebirds. Also, I don't like you.'

"That's not very nice, Sunny," Klaus frowned. "We'll be right out."

"I don't think your sister likes me," You make a face as the two of you move to your feet.

Klaus looked at you, sympathetically, "Don't take it personally. We've been kidnapped and almost murdered... On a couple occasions... You understand her hesitance to accept people."

"Right..." You put the book down, and together you walked out of the study and into the dining room where Sunny and Violet were setting the table.