Chapter 5

"This is your captain speaking we will be landing shortly pleases prepare yourselves for landing" the captain said over the P.A system. The passengers mumbled at the announcement and shuffled around on there seats. They started their seats and prepared of the plane to land. 

In the First class cabin, a tall man stared out the window. His black hair fell over his eyes and tickled the tips of his elf-like ears. His dark, almond-shaped eyes, followed the layer of clouds as it seeped away to reveal to reveal the sprawling land below.    

Chanyeol let out a sigh and straighten up his chair. He wasn't looking forward to landing because, he knew the moment he stepped of the plane he would stop being just Park Chanyeol and become Prince Chanyeol of Exodus.

The black haired man looked out the window and saw fields full of crops and livestock

The black haired man looked out the window and saw fields full of crops and livestock. He had been in years  and he wasn't sure what his welcome would be like. He managed to get into one of the top schools overseas and used it as an excuse to run away from his responsibilities but now it was time to face them.

The plane quickly began its descent and shortly landed. As the passenger's around him began to collect their things. Through the noise of people  Chanyeol began to collect there things his phone buzzed with a message.

Security Suho
Waiting for you outside the plane

Chanyeol let out a light chuckle. Of course security was waiting for him outside, he wouldn't have expected anything else from his father. Chanyeol slowly made his way off the plane, savouring his last few moments of freedom before a life of being controlled. The moment he stepped of the plane he spotted the black Land Rover parked by the terminal. Almost to soon Chanyeol was greeted by a man in smart black suit. His brown hair was styled across his face, revealing the ear piece in his ear. 

"Prince Chanyeol, welcome home," Suho said bowing slightly at Chanyeol

"Prince Chanyeol, welcome home," Suho said bowing slightly at Chanyeol. Chanyeol stopped in front of the head of security and nodded his head.

"It nice to be back, you know you didn't have to pick me up directly from the plane," Chanyeol said shifting weight from one leg to another. Suho stood up straight and chuckled slightly.

"Well as you refused to take the private jet it's the lest we could do," Suho said gesturing in the direction of a black Land Rover.

"I was savouring my last few moments of freedom" Chanyeol mumbled walking in the direction of the car. Chanyeol climbed in the backset while Suho climbed in the front and started the engine.

"By the way your father is going to video call when we are in range" Suho said looking at Chanyeol through the mirror. Chanyeol nodded and looked out the window. He watched as the terminal turned into green space with the city drawing closer into the distance. 

"Goodbye freedom i will miss you" Chanyeol mumbled over the sound of the engine as Suho drove them away from the airport. A couple minutes of silence past before the phone rang. Suho quickly answered the phone and up the face time in the back seat.

"Son!" Chanyeol father called. Chanyeol smiled half heatedly at the sight of his father.

"Dad" Chanyeol mumbled avoiding eye contact.

"How have you been Son you haven't come home in so long" his father said with a big grin on his face.

"Alright" Chanyeol said looking out the window.

"So now that you are back we are having a ball in a week's time," his dad started. "Me and your mother are hoping that you will meet someone at this ball." Chanyeol sighed still looking away from his father. He Expect this from his parents, every time he called they would badger him about finding someone and settling down. He guessed now he was home he would get it even more.

"Well of course if you don't meet anyone we have found a lovely girl called Dara," Chanyeol's head snapped around to look at his father. "it is already organised with her family you shall wed soon after and we expect you to bear two children." His father finished. He car was filled silence with Chanyeol staring open mouthed at his father.

"F-father" Chanyeol stuttered but was cut off by the older.

"Well then now you know we will be waiting your arrival at the palace" and with that the call ended and the car was filled with silence. Suho looked through his mirror at the prince.

"Are you ok Prince Chanyeol?" Suho asked. Chanyeol was sat still staring at the screen where his father had been. His mind was spinning from the information he had just received. Get married he must be insane Chanyeol thought.

"Stop the car" Chanyeol ordered gripped the car door. Suho slowly pulled the car to a stop.

"Sir what-" before he could finish Chanyeol was out the car and running  away into the near by woods.