just not quite together

‘…god… just a bit more… ahhh.. yes.. aaAAAH…’ the older man collapsed on top of Sherlock. The man petted Sherlock’s head. ‘you’ve been a..’ breathe in ‘good boy..’ breathe out. The man stayed in Sherlock’s bed, as if he had no reason to leave at all. After a while Sherlock cleared his throat. ‘my… roommate is coming home in approximately one hour and sixteen minutes, and I wish to clean the flat of evidence before he is here. The older man turned around to face Sherlock. ‘roommate, huh. If I’d do your job I’d be livin’ in a villa by now.’ The man said. Sherlock nodded. ‘I keep some money for harder times.’ Sherlock said. Sherlock had needed half an hour to remove the man from the flat, and tidied up the most obvious clues of a struggle of clothing in the living room, hurried searching for lube in the bathroom and the acts in Sherlock’s room itself of course. After cleaning up Sherlock sat down on the couch and started reading a book on quantum-physics. John had not realized anything had happened.

 Wednesday, 2 p.m.

‘why do you only do older clients?’ Tina asked. Sherlock looked at her. ‘more money in those. They are the most desperate.’ He said. Tina grinned at him. ‘I know very well you don’t really care about the money.’ Sherlock closed his eyes for a moment, and then sat down at the picnic table where he was standing against since the beginning of this conversation. Tina was a young girl, barely legal, and she was not the brightest. However, she did know everything about seducing both man and women, and when Sherlock first took this job, she taught him the basics of making a man feel special. ‘don’t take it personally but do you like… have a thing for old guys?’ Sherlock chuckled. (how can’t I take that personally) and shook his head. ‘I don’t have a thing for anyone.’

Tina was one of his colleagues at the so-called  ‘Joyful Men xxx club’ there were some others (Robert, Dirk) but Tina was the only one who was actually nice to Sherlock. When the men called Tina a ‘drag queen’ (which made Tina upset, since she was a transsexual and not a boy in drag) Sherlock would comfort her. The other way around, when the men went too hard on Sherlock Tina would get him bandages. She was a real good friend. When Sherlock first told her he wanted to bring the clients back to his home as that would require a lot less effort, she had warned him. ‘your roommate, John, will find out eventually.’ Sherlock had laughed at her. ‘I’ve seen too much crime scenes because of people finding out. I promise I’ll keep myself safe.’ ‘and him’ Tina had said. ‘yes. Always him.’

‘Sherlock. Where have you been thís time?’ John asked. Sherlock took of his coat and plopped down on the couch. ‘experiment’ Sherlock said, locking eyes with John for a second. (eye contact means honesty. If you can keep looking without looking away the subject will believe you) John looked away first, and tried to focus on what he was reading. ‘right. Don’t get yourself in trouble.’ John looked up again, looking into Sherlock’s eyes but just not quite and started talking again. ‘like.. after all the Moriarty stuff.’ ‘Moriarty is dead.’ Sherlock said, more bitter then he wanted to. ‘you never know with blokes like that’ John sighed.

The rest of that day went pretty well. Sherlock just sat on the couch and observed the room, the telly and most of all John. He was an interesting human being. His mouth was always closed, when reading or sitting down, yet when they were running, or Sherlock had just solved a case his mouth would hang open. And his various jumpers and blouses.. Sherlock knew each and every one of them by their pattern, fluffiness and amount of strings hanging from the arms. From this angle John would probably not notice if Sherlock looked at him, observing him, deducing him. John absently licked his lips often, it seemed as if his subconscious had a dying need of moistened lips. Sherlock’s musings were interrupted by a voice. Looking up, it turned out to be John. ‘want some more tea? ‘  ‘no’ Sherlock almost whispered, and closed his eyes.